Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
hqdefault.jpg

I want(ed) a winger too but it's becoming obvious that we're going to play a lot of games with 5 defenders this season, evidenced by the signing of Sanchez. In that formation we play two attacking midfielders (Alli and Eriksen) in a narrow position with the width coming from the wingbacks. I guess that means that a winger isn't a big priority for Poch, especially considering this formation makes Son a sub.
Pochettino doesn't seem to favour wingers with pace.
Or am I completely wrong.

How long is Barkley supposed to be out?
I've mentioned that a few times. Everton haven't said anything official at all.
The grade 3 tear and 3 months comes from the Mail I believed.
Yet Everton haven't confirmed that. They have made no statement on the severity of the hamstring injury or the length of time he'll be out.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If anyone thinks Spurs are in crisis I urge them to watch this, Woolwich fan singing for their players to stay.<br><br><a href="Insider City on Twitter">pic.twitter.com/HfwngbM4Va</a></p>&mdash; Ricky Sacks (@RickSpur) <a href="">August 30, 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

this is fucking hillarious!

they better hope Sanchez doesn't see this!!! Fucking Weirdo...

He's Walker replacement or an upgrade if you like it not a marquee signing we have been crying out for for the last 12 Months.

What we really need to complete our squad is a winger/attackingmid that offers pace and creativity in the final third.
If one of the best RB's in the world from one of the biggest clubs in the world isn't marquee, I don't know what is.

Even in a 24 hour period where we've signed two players and look likely to sign a 3rd you still find a reason to moan.

If one of the best RB's in the world from one of the biggest clubs in the world isn't marquee, I don't know what is.

Even in a 24 hour period where we've signed two players and look likely to sign a 3rd you still find a reason to moan.
Biggest club my ass. Best RB my ass. Maybe in a couple of seasons.

Well he's wanted Zaha, Bruma, Mane to name a few and signed Njie, Sissoko, Son and Nkoudou.
Sissoko and Son pacy wingers?
I think I saw Sissoko tear down the wing once. In the CL. He doesn't seem to do it anymore.
He gave Njie no game time and despite Nkoudo not doing much wrong, never gives him a chance either.
He played Onomah there
He played Townsend about 10 times.
I don't think they fit his way of play. He wants them able to play along all 3 positions. Uses the full backs as wingers.
If we have a pacy wingers in sissoko and Son why do we need to sign one.

Why resort to ad hominem instead of arguing whether we really need that type of a player or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom