Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

giphy.gif

Do Villa not need to comply with FFP? When is their deadline to comply? What is required for them to do to achieve this? Generate 'X' amount of income, legitimately..which is not pumped in by an owner? Or face a huge fine e.g 42 Million that QPR had? Couldn't the owner just pay the fine with his own cash? or would the fine have to be paid with money coming into the club organically? so many questions......

They looked real enough on our recent tour. Fantastic support.
Very true.
No, I know you didn’t, you said ‘we need to wake up and start acting like the big club we are’. Fair enough, but I deal with those frustrations by questioning how big a club we actually are. I know we’re a pretty big club, but few outside of our fanbase think so. Anyway we seem to have got off on the wrong foot, so I’m happy to apologise for any remarks that might have offended you.
Apology accepted, mate. Transfer windows do weird things to the best of us.

I feel like he'd have done that already if that were the case.

They'll just do what Liverpool done with Coutinho. The window will end, he'll get over it and continue playing for them.

Linked away in Jan. Rinse. Repeat.

I think Villa will be pretty average this season, and subsequently he won't shine in their team and no one will be interested.

AVFC don't care about FFP.
The worst scenario is £20m fine. They have the cash now plus they get £150m plus if promoted.

Unless rules changes and impose point deduction or similar, FFP is a farce.

Jesus boys calm down, until any of the other top 6 sides or any decent side in Europe even look twice at Grealish why would he be a paramount signing?

The only reason he would become any good is Pochettino, and he has 30 other lads to look after, I don’t understand that someone we would laugh at being linked to in March becomes a must buy by August - so sad

Football starts on Saturday can’t wait

Do Villa not need to comply with FFP? When is their deadline to comply? What is required for them to do to achieve this? Generate 'X' amount of income, legitimately..which is not pumped in by an owner? Or face a huge fine e.g 42 Million that QPR had? Couldn't the owner just pay the fine with his own cash? or would the fine have to be paid with money coming into the club organically? so many questions......
end of the season - fine is in line with how much they miss the target, if they overspend by 5m they are fined 5m - if they get promoted they wont care - the owner cant pump money in to pay it but there are ways around it (inflated sponsors)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom