Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't usually like ranting, but my mate at work brought up a good point. His brother is in a dead end job and doesn't earn much but he still shelled out 1250 on a season ticket this year. Then ordered kits for him and his two son's. . .

This club is charging us massive amounts for season tickets and kits, and they can't bloody invest on the field? 62,000 people have spent more money on going to games than the club have invested in their own squad.

It stinks of Woolwich and I hate it. If results don't go our way in the first few matches, and we end up flogging Toby with NO signings whatsoever, then this new stadium could get very toxic indeed. The club have nobody to blame but themselves.

But how have you concluded the toby/martial situation is the same as the walker/Sancho one then???

Walker didn't have a release clause the next season and his contract wasn't running out. We agreed to sell him but couldn't get a player that wanted to come to us in return.

And who are all these martial suitors you claim he has???

Sancho was towards the end of his Academy Scholarship and had refused to sign a Pro contract. So he had all the power.

If Mancity was prepared to sell to Spurs (or several other PL clubs Sancho was prepared to consider) we might have got him for say £500k but Man City sold him abroad for peanuts - but the loss to them was insignificant. They simply didn't want him going to Spurs or Woolwich where chances are (as he's showing in Germany) that he would be a very successful player worth tens of millions in the right coaching set up .

Walker wanted to go and Poch's assessment clearly was that he wasn't going to stop it - Trippier getting so many more assists than Walker ever did last season and his WC performance suggests that Poch might have got that one correct.

I've answered your last point in my last post - Martial's contract situation is such that its suitors at any time in the next 12 months.

The only saving grace is that we have just one more day of this sh!t.

But the notion of a new stadium without the boost of a couple of outstanding signings is incredible. To not provide possibly the last necessary push right now even more unfathomable.

Not even one of the optimists would have called that at the end of last season. No way.
Still, at least we have lovely new kit to welcome in the new ground, eh?

Eh?

Oh.

0 signings... with a little over 27 hrs left...
...most of Spurs' fanbase currently trawling the internet for scraps of info to feed on...

Now THAT IS bravery!!

Hold your nerve Danny... Not long now until you achieve Transfer Window Immortality! :levystare::pochserious:

I think Levy can negotiate with more than one team/player at a time - I doubt he's only been chatting with Villa and United this summer. He's got 27 hours and 12 minutes to pull some rabbits out of his hat, though.

I dunno what I hate more...
The transfer window itself,
...or the weird obsession with 'winning it'

A modern day sideshow Circus that has slowly evolved from a perfect storm of clubs with too much cash, and SSN with too much time on their hands!!

Roll on 5.01pm tomorrow!

Back
Top Bottom