Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If that Cunt Jim White struts in as if the entire deadline day revolves around him, wearing his pathetic yellow tie, I will kick me TV through the wall.
10am....
jim-white-sky.jpg

You at 10.01....
2015-11-27T141813Z_1222508570_GF20000076338_RTRMADP_3_USA-HOLIDAYSHOPPING.JPG.cf.jpg

Apparently some bloke on twitter called Hercules argued that he had a better source on the Grealish transfer than some random guy....who was called Kevan Grealish...that's Jack Grealish's brother....well I laughed...

Apparently some bloke on twitter called Hercules argued that he had a better source on the Grealish transfer than some random guy....who was called Kevan Grealish...that's Jack Grealish's brother....well I laughed...
It's a parody account impersonating one of our ITK.

At least I hope it was a parody

is this the real life, is this just fantasy

Supporting this Spurs side
No shake of the money tree
Loosen those strings
Look up the M1 and seeeeee...
Grealish, Shaw and Martial, they need our sympathy
Because they want to leave, want to go,
To a better club, not ones so low,
But anywhere that money goes, doesn't really matter todayyyyy, todayyyyyy....

It goes on your accounts as a 100k asset. Im not talking about mortgage liability or equity but what your accountant considers an asset and it would go down as a 100k asset. I mean I wish id never used it as an example now if it has to become so complicated.

All this complication and arguing and spin and pretense cause most of us can't handle that we've been completely outspent in the transfer market. Pretending its irrelevant. Of course its not the transfer window has never been irrelevant and if it was the other way around and we'd been outspending others it would be a different story on here.
Think I may try my hand out at golf for the first time today. Am up in Scotland visiting Er indoors’ family and there is a golf course on the doorstep. Fuck it. Got to better than listening to cooing over a new baby or watching the chaos unfold on here. I suppose I get a decent walk around some fields for a few hours whilst everyone is getting increasingly stressed about Jack Grealish, Brozovic, Bailey, Martial and every other player the internet has linked us to over the window.
The sun is out over the Forth, we've got a room overlooking the water & I'm about to order a full breakfast from room service to sit and eat at our table in the bay window. God I love the smell of napalm in the morning.

Where in Scotland are you ?

Morning chaps
Just thought I’d add my tuppence because I don’t think anyone else has spelt this out (obvs I may be the only one who thinks this!), and because I wanted to say it before the window shuts rather than after.

I support Spurs for many reasons of course, as do we all. But one of the reasons is that we are, in Levy’s own words in the Poch book, “the sort of club than makes superstars rather than buys them”. We are not likely to go out and buy £100m of players, and I support Spurs because of this and not, as most of you seem to feel, despite this.

I’m puzzled by how and why you all seem to think we are about to, or at least that we should. It’s like you’ve been supporting a different club all these years.

And I’m also puzzled that so many of you infer that the club (or personally the chairman or the manager) ‘lack ambition’, just because they won’t play this silly modern-football game of spending hundreds of millions of pounds on spoilt brats. You’ll have guessed I’m middle aged.....

I’m not trying to criticise anyone - I’m just flummoxed as to why you’d all get yourselves so worked up about it.

TL,DR: We are not Man City - and thank god for that.

lolololol, who are they kidding at this point? #ITK
Who: The Goat
When: Deadline Day
Where: SC

The Goat hears that we will make one last bid for Grealish take it or leave it offer which will be above the 25m we were told they would accept.
If not will move on for good.........

The Goat also hears that we expect 2 in today with up to 4 out

Morning chaps
Just thought I’d add my tuppence because I don’t think anyone else has spelt this out (obvs I may be the only one who thinks this!), and because I wanted to say it before the window shuts rather than after.

I support Spurs for many reasons of course, as do we all. But one of the reasons is that we are, in Levy’s own words in the Poch book, “the sort of club than makes superstars rather than buys them”. We are not likely to go out and buy £100m of players, and I support Spurs because of this and not, as most of you seem to feel, despite this.

I’m puzzled by how and why you all seem to think we are about to, or at least that we should. It’s like you’ve been supporting a different club all these years.

And I’m also puzzled that so many of you infer that the club (or personally the chairman or the manager) ‘lack ambition’, just because they won’t play this silly modern-football game of spending hundreds of millions of pounds on spoilt brats. You’ll have guessed I’m middle aged.....

I’m not trying to criticise anyone - I’m just flummoxed as to why you’d all get yourselves so worked up about it.

TL,DR: We are not Man City - and thank god for that.
How many superstars in our current team have come from our academy? Kane is the only one and the last one before him was Ledley King. Nobody on here are demanding ready-made superstar signings like Bale or Modric, we all know we can't do that. However we want and should be able to compete for promising players that we can develop. We can't even do that this transfer window

Back
Top Bottom