Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Grealish only has 2 years left on his deal. If he turns down a new deal then next summer they’ll be lucky to get £15m for him, especially if they don’t get promoted.

[@StandardSport] also believe providing Tottenham Hotspur are able to sell the players which are no longer in Mauricio Pochettino’s first-team plans, Spurs could then use the acquired funds to launch a last-minute transfer for Crystal Palace attacker Wilfried Zaha.

How are SC ITK going to spin this window!
Well, for one thing, they'll lose a chunk of forecasted revenue.

Did you know that, in addition to being paid to summarise and dramatise media reports the form of ITK, they also have a transfer pledge thread, where these poor, deluded saps actually commit to donate an amount of money if we sign a certain player or players?

So- when does the window actually shut? 11pm BST?

Lamela injury is another heaping of cruel misery-comedy. Hope we don’t drop too many points here in August or the season could be fucked before it even gets going.

Am really disappointed there is nobody new to play for us. It’s kind of ruining the whole new stadium thing right now.

Nabil, its so good to see you finally melting my friend.

Welcome aboard
:dierpochhug:
Well it took time but I’m getting there. We entered the twilight zone territory. Who excuses this is just to have a cunt off with people who are rational about our club. Levy did loads of right things. But this summer is a bad joke. No one can justifies this. And signing grealish will do little to me. And just watch us overpay thank to the Daniel shenanigans.

Yes. Oliver Skipp and Tashan Oakley-Booth . I'd much rather give Skipp the minutes we're talking about giving Grealish and then put Winksy in Grealish's position.
Sorry mate but do you honestly believe the youngsters are going to make a difference like The Dane said? They're probably going to have some good games but they can't make a difference, if you're convinced about it based on the few friendlies they've played in, I have bad news for you.

So- when does the window actually shut? 11pm BST?

Lamela injury is another heaping of cruel misery-comedy. Hope we don’t drop too many points here in August or the season could be fucked before it even gets going.

Am really disappointed there is nobody new to play for us. It’s kind of ruining the whole new stadium thing right now.
Window shuts in 3 hours.

Live pic of two new signings in Levy’s office.

latest

''If we're happy with our squad and we cannot improve our squad, it's better to keep our squad together."

Exactly what I've been saying. It appears Poch agrees with me, not y'all.

Tough luck lads.
It's easy for Poch to say that today. It's clearly not what he prefers though as he's clearly stated otherwise previously.

The usual suspects would still try and justify it. Mark my words

We absolutely should have been able to identify players to make the squad better, that I do not question in the slightest. The only thing I disagree with is this window being a shambles is a. We retain all of our players and get key extensions done and b. Didn't succumb to the over inflated market buying quality that simply isn't better than we already have.

The transfer window is the equivalent to pay day, you go and blow your load because it's there, not because you need to spend it. It's a big risk by the club believing that the current crop can go one step further this year as the knives will be out but there's every chance players such as Foyth, Sanchez, Winks, Dele, Aurier etc will be better this year than they were last season with yet another year under their inexperienced Premier League belts. I wanted Grealish & Martial but Villa and Man U don't want to sell so what can you do

Grealish only has 2 years left on his deal. If he turns down a new deal then next summer they’ll be lucky to get £15m for him, especially if they don’t get promoted.

It's almost funny that this seems to keep happening to us though. It's as if we have a list of young English players in mind to sign who's contracts are near the end in a year or twos time and we do our best to either sign them, declare our interest or try and unsettle them.

It's all very Berahino and Barkley but Grealish handled it in a much more professional and mature way. Fair play to him.

Yes. Oliver Skipp and Tashan Oakley-Booth . I'd much rather give Skipp the minutes we're talking about giving Grealish and then put Winksy in Grealish's position.
Skipp has had a half decent pre-season, but against Girona he was obviously out of his depth. TOB is injured and has gone off the boil, don't know where you're going with that. None of them are ready to meaningfully contribute to our team and throwing them in too early could be detrimental to their development

Back
Top Bottom