Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pullisic would be a great signing makes sense economically also with us trying to expand into the American market, the fact that kid is good at football helps to. That said if we spunk 50 on him that leaves us with I assume max 20 plus whatever sales we get to also get in a new CM and ST

Pullisic would be a great signing makes sense economically also with us trying to expand into the American market, the fact that kid is good at football helps to. That said if we spunk 50 on him that leaves us with I assume max 20 plus whatever sales we get to also get in a new CM and ST

Why?

Reports say we've got £150,000,000 budget. Add sales on top of that and we have probably near £200,000,000.

Thats enough for Pulisic and about 3 other signings.

Why?

Reports say we've got £150,000,000 budget. Add sales on top of that and we have probably near £200,000,000.

Thats enough for Pulisic and about 3 other signings.

Any links to them reports mate not seen them myself?

But is that the case you would imagine we would also be looking at a CB to replace Toby DeLigt being target number one

Any links to them reports mate not seen them myself?

But is that the case you would imagine we would also be looking at a CB to replace Toby DeLigt being target number one

Exclusive: Mauricio Pochettino wants £150m Tottenham squad overhaul including several new signings and departures

Mauricio Pochettino could get £150m to spend after signing new Spurs deal

Whilst obviously no one really knows how much we could get. That's not out of the realms of possibility. Even if £150,000,000 was to include sales, that's still 3 or 4 quality players in, I reckon.

Old school ITK

Lololol bad time to be making up “itk”. Today, Eriksen told the Danish media why Poch and him sat down in Denmark. Poch had said a long time ago he was going on holiday to Copenhagen with his wife, and then he called Christian and invited him for dinner. No Spurs business and no contract talk, just holiday, according to Eriksen.

“He is legit BTW” - LOL

Lololol bad time to be making up “itk”. Today, Eriksen told the Danish media why Poch and him sat down in Denmark. Poch had said a long time ago he was going on holiday to Copenhagen with his wife, and then he called Christian and invited him for dinner. No Spurs business and no contract talk, just holiday, according to Eriksen.

“He is legit BTW” - LOL

Where is this Eriksen interview? Not that I don't believe that he said this, but I very much doubt Eriksen would have told the press the real reason he was meeting with Poch... :pochserious2:

Lol why are we signing attacking midfielders when we already have 5 pretty bloody good ones? Gonna have to play a 2-8 formation next season

Maybe we're attempting a change in formation next season?

If we potentially change to a 4-3-3, we arguably only have two players capable of playing either side of Kane (Son & Lucas). Pulisic would add to that depth.

I wouldn't put it past Eriksen and Dele to be able to play in a front 3, but they lack the pace to be as effective and would prefer them in the midfield 3 in that formation.

I see no problems with signing another winger/attacking midfielder. Especially a versatile one like Pulisic who has 2 years left on his contract.

It gives us:

RW = Lucas, Son, Pulisic, Lamela
LW = Son, Pulisic, Lucas, Lamela
AM = Eriksen, Dele, Lamela, Pulisic
FW = Kane, Son

Plenty of depth. We will be playing 50+ games next season. Injuries and dips in form happen. Plus it sounds better than having to play Sissoko there instead or a Llorente/Janssen if resting Kane

Let's just trust Pochettino - he's signed a new deal on the basis that he's backed (I imagine and hope). If he thinks Pulisic adds something to this team, back him. He isn't going to just sign attackers and wingers for the sake of signing youngsters so no one else can have them.

If we return to 3 at the back. Pulisic would be a wonderful LWB. Not sure he's up there with Son, Dele and Eriksen but he can play anywhere and would be great to replace Sissoko as a utility player.

At 19, got bags of potential.

He's right footed Mr "I'm a football expert and I watch 200 games a week".

Though he's very good on his left and worked on it as a young player rather than practicing rabonnas.

Where is this Eriksen interview? Not that I don't believe that he said this, but I very much doubt Eriksen would have told the press the real reason he was meeting with Poch... :pochserious2:

Danish newspaper “Ekstra Bladet”.

But no, a perfectly reasonable explanation from a Spurs player is outright untrustworthy in comparison to a random dude on twitter, who’s got the latest news on Spurs from the daughter of a Dane coaching a team in Qatar.......

:levywtf:

He's right footed Mr "I'm a football expert and I watch 200 games a week".

Though he's very good on his left and worked on it as a young player rather than practicing rabonnas.
Single b in Rabona, kid. And do you think people only play on the wing of their strongest foot? Son's been doing it wrong this whole time.

Indeed he is right footed. Yet he is equally adept on the left as he is on the right or centre. Hence he played on the left 12-15 times this past season.

We have a new player in Lucas Moura for our right wing. Pulisic would join as a utility player who can play anywhere across both banks of a midfield. In a 3-4-3 or 3-4-2-1 he'd be perfect on the left of the 4.

He won't be taking out Eriksen, Dele or Son in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 any time soon, so that's where I can see him fitting in immediately. Especially if Rose goes.

Sorry to disappoint you in one upping me. Stick to trying to claw back your Lamela shame. Your cats need a break from the beating you give them everytime he pulls your pants down.

Last edited:
Half time in USA.

Not the greatest half in the end for Pulisic to be honest. He actually looks tired. Having no World Cup would probably do him the world of good (If we do sign him).

Quite impressed by the young American team though. Not sure how the American fans on here feel, but must be pretty exciting that a lot of your talented youngsters are playing in Europe and developing well. McKennie looks a real talent.

Back
Top Bottom