Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One question I have, why would Levy have even bothered with a buy back clause if they never intended to use it or believed they could afford to?

May be just dick swinging, I think Levy feels he needs to get something out of every deal for his ego.

But maybe, just maybe....
I don't think Levy (or most chairmen) expected the market to sky rocket like it has. I think they all expected prices to go up, but not at this rate

If we ever sign Bale it's likely going to be an out of the blue thing where only Levy, Poch and Bale know about it from the Spurs side.

Alasdair Gold said it's not going to happen.

He's been our most reliable source. Unless he changes his tune, neither will I.
Alasdair Gold said over and over again last summer that Poch had no interest in signing Aurier due to his attitude problems. . . Trust me nobody ever really knows whats going on!

For those saying they would like Zaha because of his directness and trickiness. That's what we bought Moura for.

I feel like people are forgetting Moura.

Totally agree, however I'm not sure poch is sold on him yet. Hopefully he kicks on during his first pre season and nails down a spot. If we change to 4-3-3 I can see that happening.

I don't think Levy (or most chairmen) expected the market to sky rocket like it has. I think they all expected prices to go up, but not at this rate

Fair point. However the Bale transfer is probably one of the deals that forced the market to rocket in the first place.

Am I right in saying it was a world record at that time?

Fair point. However the Bale transfer is probably one of the deals that forced the market to rocket in the first place.

Am I right in saying it was a world record at that time?
It was.

My personal take is everyone involved thought "right, that's that. No one is going to up 80 million for one player for a long time".

Then PSG, United and the lot showed up and went "hold my beer"

It was.

My personal take is everyone involved thought "right, that's that. No one is going to up 80 million for one player for a long time".

Then PSG, United and the lot showed up and went "hold my beer"

To think, Bale was a world record fee for £90,000,000 and since then five players have gone for higher fees.

Ridiculous.

Poch kinda did too.

But I agree. He adds an element that others in the squad don't.

Many, many people claim that signings need to be done early, so they can have a pre season and train with the team. They say its paramount, and get all pissy when we sign players in late August.
The same people then go ballistic for January signings, and claim this player and that player are a must to achieve our targets come May.

Suddenly the need for a pre season has zero importance and a new player can suddenly hit the deck running and propel us to glory in 4 months.

Poch didnt forget about Moura, he simply chose not to throw him under the bus. Yet people are still clambering around for a new AM. If we hadnt signed him in January, they'd be shitting it now that Liverpool might sign him.

Now we have him, they want Zaha.

Back
Top Bottom