Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Apparently Milan Badelj, the Fiorentina defensive midfielder and club captain has broken his contract with the Italian club.

Solid defensive midfielder with good ball control and good passing skills. Worth a punt perhaps

If you're the club captain, you can't just break your contract.
Seems to me he has the wrong mentality then.
(Of course we don't know the whole story)

Without even looking at the rest of it that team would be cut open by any team that’s decent. Basically would be playing with a front 5 while Fabinho tries to cover all of midfield himself.

As stated before eveyerone is panicking about what Liverpool are spending but Keïta is his best ever season didn’t match Ali last year stat wise despite Ali being poor last year, and as seen by Bakayoko and others players from the French league in midfield often struggle in the Prem. So no point making big statements like they are gonna challenge because it’s just as likely they all flop.
Completely different players tbf

If you're the club captain, you can't just break your contract.
Seems to me he has the wrong mentality then.
(Of course we don't know the whole story)
TBF he was only appointed captain earlier this spring when their actual captain died in his sleep.

TBF he was only appointed captain earlier this spring when their actual captain died in his sleep.
Forgot about Astori, you're right. Still I always think: If a player is willing to break his contract there, then he could pull that kind of trick here as well

Forgot about Astori, you're right. Still I always think: If a player is willing to break his contract there, then he could pull that kind of trick here as well
Looked it up some and according to a English Fiorentina fansite it was just a matter of his deal expiring.

Apparently we have been linked with him in the past as well.

So we all know that the itk over on that other forum were saying that we had all of our targets lined up. They're now saying that we might have a couple of signings completed by the start of august. Fuck me, not even consistent with their bullshit

Not sure how true this part is but, if so, few clubs would be able to plug the £300,000/wk hole between 'basic' and 'total'. If he feels he has to leave Real Madrid, and if Man Utd aren't interested, this may not be quite as much of a long shot as it first appeared.

Sources say that Spanish tax means Bale only gets £200,000 in hand at Real Madrid, but that other commercial deals related to being at the club take him up to way over £500,000.

One question I have, why would Levy have even bothered with a buy back clause if they never intended to use it or believed they could afford to?

May be just dick swinging, I think Levy feels he needs to get something out of every deal for his ego.

But maybe, just maybe....

Back
Top Bottom