Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Independent is one of the more reliable sources. It's as clear as day Gareth Bale wants to come back to Spurs. His interviews and body language is virtually screaming come and get me.
Or he just wants a move in general, and he would be happy if PSG/ManU came in and paid him what he wants rather than taking a pay cut for us.

Sorry I just have to insert some logic here. . .

He was playing in a very young side, managed by an interim coach, in a new system, at the end of a very long season, coming from a very competitive league, after two days travel from Europe.

Digging any player out in a friendly is armchair fan 101, and i have seen plenty of Spurs and England friendlies where our players play poorly, but i don't see you in here berating them?

I'd love to see the kid come to Spurs, he is recognised as one of the best European midfield prospects, but no doubt you have set in your armchair, remote in hand, rewinding and fast forwarding to form a critique on a player that you have never actually seen for more than an hour playing in a meaningless friendly.
Apologies, I'll run my opinions past you in the future to make sure I stay on message

I don't think Levy (or most chairmen) expected the market to sky rocket like it has. I think they all expected prices to go up, but not at this rate
But it works both ways. When he sells a player he'll expect an inflated price. He'll screw the buyer for every penny he gan get. I'm not saying he shouldn't, far from it, but it's a bit rich to then complain about a market that's unsustainable and refuse to pay over the odds yourself, ?.....?when your cotributing to the unsustainable market yourself

There's definitely plenty of chance that Son gets out-competed for the starting spot out left.
He blows hot and cold. Great on his day, but the club should always be looking for players that can perform with consistency.

I just think Son's the better player. Just my personal opinion. It would take north of 50 million to buy him from Spurs. Twice what we paid for Moura.

I've reserved judgement on Moura but it doesn't bode well that he wasn't even able to displace Lamela on the subs' bench.

I just think Son's the better player. Just my personal opinion. It would take north of 50 million to buy him from Spurs. Twice what we paid for Moura.

I've reserved judgement on Moura but it doesn't bode well that he wasn't even able to displace Lamela on the subs' bench.

Moura joined in January - 4 months ago.

Maybe it is better to wait and see what a full pre-season and even greater appreciation of his team mates brings.

I thought that at times Moura looked a threat when he joined us but It would be unfair, either way to make a committed judgement of the bloke.

I want quality in depth so at this stage both he and Son need to be part of the solution in my opinion.

I think Moura was always brought for next season, think he’ll really cement a place in the team. If we got Bale I’d be happy, but still have some reservations as to whether it would work out, a lot of players would want pay rises and he is susceptible to injuries

But it shouldn't be madness for a player like Bale to join Tottenham Hotspur. And everything considered, it absolutely should happen.
Why should we not be able to attract the best players. Particularly a player as close to the club as Gareth Bale
Because we are tottenham. We don’t sign players for fortunes when they can’t give us a lot of top years or profit in the future. And I love bale but his wages would fuck all of our wage bille.

Back
Top Bottom