Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fulham's England Under-21 winger Ryan Sessegnon, 18, will remain with the Cottagers - who have been promoted to the Premier League - next season, despite speculation that he will join one of Europe's top clubs, says owner Shahid Khan. (Times - subscription required)
:pochfacepalm:

Breaking news: Newly promoted premier league side doesn't want to sell one of it's top players.

No one should be surprised by this.

Sorry mate but I doubt moose will be here next season. I hope he signs and stays but I have a niggling feeling he's tired and wants to see out his career in a less competitive league.

Either way dier/wanyama would be the go to defensive destroyer and yes I think we should look to strengthen there.

I also have a feeling that it will be this crop of players they we currently have that will be the ones to take us to glory, and that it will be about them improving on their current form.

If we get that yank pulisic or martial I think it will be the added pressure that makes son and moura take it up a notch rather then the new signings actually replacing them. . .

That is unless we sign bale, then they might aswell just give us the premier league now :allitongue:

Hope your right about that last part mate!

But will be sad to see Moussa go but you might be right, injury’s do seem to be getting more common and him taking longer to come back from it. And at that stage of his career wouldn’t blame for taking 300k a week in China. But think we should give Wanyama this season to prove himself, was poor this season but impervious the one before, he’s just had a bad year with injuries this year I think and was rushed back to soon with Dier having to play CB most of the year.

In how many transfer windows in a row have you been writing this absolute drivel? In the same amount of transfer windows, you've been told that there's SOMETHING IN BETWEEN.

Yes, signings are best done early.
No, that doesn't mean we shouldn't sign anyone at all if we need it, simply because we can't get them in early. A late signing might also strengthen us.
So yes, indeed it makes sense to both 1) "whine" about late signings, 2) want late signings. That is, if the alternative is NO signings. It's so fucking simple, jeeeesus.

Year after year, you SERIOUSLY argue that it isn't an advantage if new players have a pre season with their new team mates and the coaching team. You are either 1) incredibly stupid, or 2) so much in desperate need of attention and arguments, that you repeat the same nonsense points.

: ostrich:

Whatever

I just think Son's the better player. Just my personal opinion. It would take north of 50 million to buy him from Spurs. Twice what we paid for Moura.

I've reserved judgement on Moura but it doesn't bode well that he wasn't even able to displace Lamela on the subs' bench.

Moura not displacing Lamela was down to particulars of the run in and Poch.
Gotta believe he'll get a genuine chance to take one of the two outside attacking mid starting spots this next 1st half of the season.

The excitement of being linked with Bale, Pulisic, Martial and De Ligt - :allitongue:

The realisation we’re going to end up with Rondon, Ki Sung-Yeung and Johnny Evans - :deledoubt:

The excitement of being linked with Bale, Pulisic, Martial and De Ligt - :allitongue:

The realisation we’re going to end up with Rondon, Ki Sung-Yeung and Johnny Evans - :deledoubt:

Thinking more about Evans- if we are serious about Foyth, it might be the right move to get a vet in that is content to ride the pine instead of DeLigt, who would likely demand to be started ahead of Foyth, stunting his development. Would also give us extra money to use elsewhere. Just a thought in case our pie-in-the-sky wish doesn't come true. If Juve and City are all in on DeLigt, let's face it, it's gonna be tough to match them in terms of xfer fee ceiling and/or wages.

Thinking more about Evans- if we are serious about Foyth, it might be the right move to get a vet in that is content to ride the pine instead of DeLigt, who would likely demand to be started ahead of Foyth, stunting his development. Would also give us extra money to use elsewhere. Just a thought in case our pie-in-the-sky wish doesn't come true. If Juve and City are all in on DeLigt, let's face it, it's gonna be tough to match them in terms of xfer fee ceiling and/or wages.

Top clubs were in on Sanchez, until Poch sat down with him

Moura not displacing Lamela was down to particulars of the run in and Poch.
Gotta believe he'll get a genuine chance to take one of the two outside attacking mid starting spots this next 1st half of the season.

Time will tell. Might be another case of buy cheap pay twice. Been way too many of those. Better to pay top dollar for top talent, bargains are getting harder to come by.

Hope your right about that last part mate!

But will be sad to see Moussa go but you might be right, injury’s do seem to be getting more common and him taking longer to come back from it. And at that stage of his career wouldn’t blame for taking 300k a week in China. But think we should give Wanyama this season to prove himself, was poor this season but impervious the one before, he’s just had a bad year with injuries this year I think and was rushed back to soon with Dier having to play CB most of the year.

It's not a question of solely letting Big Vic play more - we need a squad too, so we should definately be aggressive for a younger all round midfielder who can carry the ball a bit

No. Lloris is the highest earner at the club and has been since he joined. It's well documented as a key reason he joined us. It was a major coup us getting Hugo.
Right now it is Hugo and Harry. Hugo has some form of clause in his contract so that whenever someone (Harry) gets a pay raise Hugo gets parity at minimum.

Not sure how it relates to bonuses since I can see Kane rake in more in goal bonuses than Hugo does for clean sheets

No. Lloris is the highest earner at the club and has been since he joined. It's well documented as a key reason he joined us. It was a major coup us getting Hugo.

That is the first I have heard of it and given that he came from Lyon ( a club as prudent as us) and joined when market prices were relatively benign ( £10 million) I doubt the salary he would have commanded would have been that great. I would be stunned if Kane is not our highest earner. This is all highly speculative as none of this is actually disclosed and figures vary massively in the press.

That is the first I have heard of it and given that he came from Lyon ( a club as prudent as us) and joined when market prices were relatively benign ( £10 million) I doubt the salary he would have commanded would have been that great. I would be stunned if Kane is not our highest earner. This is all highly speculative as none of this is actually disclosed and figures vary massively in the press.
Hugo Lloris has been our highest earner since he joined.

It's a fact. Kane joined him this season.

Hugo Lloris has been our highest earner since he joined.

It's a fact. Kane joined him this season.

Unless you have to access to the clubs payroll to support this then no it is not a ‘fact’.

Again this is all highly speculative because there is varying accounts across the media as to who our highest earner is. It’s guesswork.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom