Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you read the internet there seems to be a "fling enough shit" style of reporting on our targets.

Either that or Poch is looking for a squad of 50 with 4 players for each position.

Fulham's England Under-21 winger Ryan Sessegnon, 18, will remain with the Cottagers - who have been promoted to the Premier League - next season, despite speculation that he will join one of Europe's top clubs, says owner Shahid Khan. (Times - subscription required)
:pochfacepalm:

Shame, we'll have probaly moved on from him by next season and he'll face the choice of either staying in London and playing for a Europa league team or having to move to the North if he wants CL football.

I think Moura was always brought for next season, think he’ll really cement a place in the team. If we got Bale I’d be happy, but still have some reservations as to whether it would work out, a lot of players would want pay rises and he is susceptible to injuries
If we're honest, a lot of our players deserve a pay rise. But I don't think any would begrudge a multiple title winner like Bale earning an elite purse. He'd be the highest paid player whoever he signed for probably. And I reckon all our players, bar none, would relish the chance of playing alongside such a legend.. ..I know I've mentioned it before, but we are being asked to pay an awful lot of money to watch our team. More than all our rivals. So I don't see why we should be expected to view signing Gareth Bale as a fantasy.

Last edited:
Because we are tottenham. We don’t sign players for fortunes when they can’t give us a lot of top years or profit in the future.
We haven't recently, but we have in the past. Times change and maybe we need to change with it. Just as we evolved into the club you talk of, maybe to sustain ourselves at the top we need to evolve again.

If we're honest, a lot of our players deserve a pay rise. But I don't think any would begrudge a multiple title winner like Bale earning an elite purse. He'd be the highest paid player whoever he signed for probably. And I reckon all our players, bar none, would relish the chance of playing alongside such a legend.. ..I know I've mentioned it before, but we are being asked to pay an awful lot of money to watch our team. More than all our rivals. So I don't see why we should be expected to view Gareth Bale at Spurs as pure fantasy.
We would be contractually obliged to give Kane and Lloris parity is the point.

It’s the best for him tbf
Said all along that he was staying at Fulham to cement the transition to WF, that our desires to sign him as a LWB were pure fantasy, and that there was no way Fulham would short-sale a player for £30-40M who will easily be worth double that after he’s proven himself as a LW and become a full English international at the next Euro.

Only way we were ever going to have a chance is if he were the sort to throw a strop at 18 after a couple good seasons in the championship....and if he were, would Poch really be interested?

Sure it was. Just like this...

You've been trotting out us being Europa League side now since Xmas.

I'm sorry but everyone but you who reads that understands what means. I.e. He would have to go to Chelsea or Woolwich.

If you're dyslexic or something fair enough. If not, you need to read more or take evening classes.

You've just come back from a red card and I'd have hoped you'd learnt your lesson. Sadly not though.

You've just come back from a red card and I'd have hoped you'd learnt your lesson. Sadly not though.
And you recently had your yellow scratched. So you can climb down from your high horse. Or is that high cat?

You'd think after Spurs pulled your pants down you'd have learned also. Sadly not though.

Hendo, Ox , Lallana and new CF as squad players whilst their first team looks like this

------------------new GK
TAA-----new CB----VVD-----Robertson

------------Fabinho----Keita
-----------------Fekir

Salah----------Firmino----------Mane

That would be the only team in PL capable to go toe to toe with City.

Lloris > New GK (most likely)
Trippier > TAA
Sanchez > New CB (most likely)
Jan > Van Dijk
Dembele > Fabinho
Eriksen > Keita
Alli > Fekir
Son < Salah
Kane > Firmino

Back
Top Bottom