Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I even added "right now" to my sentence and outlined that potential is another thing.

Sure, he might come good in the future, but there have been a lot of high profile wunderkids like Macheda and Bojan to mention first two names...
Did you add 'right now'? Even so I agree to an extent. He is another level to those two you mentioned though. I think he is good enough right now.

i know REASON is something we don't do well with here but....

The playbook for the summer was:

1. Sign Poch - DONE
2. Sign Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Dele, ETC. to extensions - In Progress (FUCK YEAH HARRRYYYYY)
3. Buy new players - pending

Are you happy with him & your signings so far? Also whilst I've got you, do you rate jorginho & would he be a good fit at city?

Monchi is a genius.

Jorginho wouldn't get in the City starting line up. Though would probably walk into every other team in the league.

Monchi is a genius.

Jorginho wouldn't get in the City starting line up. Though would probably walk into every other team in the league.
Maybe why city have set a limit on how much they will pay for him. I read Woolwich are trying to steal Pellegrini from you!

Better than any transfer ... interesting comment that Kane's wages include up to 50% in bonuses ... so a basic 200k could earn him 300k ... that confirms why our wages budget is so much higher than all the contract salaries added together .. it's the 50% bonuses ... also means that if don't play, you don't earn the big bucks, that seems fair enough and bloody shrewd management ....

i know REASON is something we don't do well with here but....

The playbook for the summer was:

1. Sign Poch - DONE
2. Sign Kane, Eriksen, Jan, Dele, ETC. to extensions - In Progress (FUCK YEAH HARRRYYYYY)
3. Buy new players - pending
Getting kane signed up for 6 years is better than any new player we could get this summer.
From savic to shaqiri & then grealish & now kane... its a rollercoaster of emotions. With the maximum high of kane, there is only one way to go next, the low of......

Getting kane signed up for 6 years is better than any new player we could get this summer.
From savic to shaqiri & then grealish & now kane... its a rollercoaster of emotions. With the maximum high of kane, there is only one way to go next, the low of......

Sources tell me that before signing, Harry said "those Grealish rumors are bullshit right?"

:kanehand:

Last edited:
Better than any transfer ... interesting comment that Kane's wages include up to 50% in bonuses ... so a basic 200k could earn him 300k ... that confirms why our wages budget is so much higher than all the contract salaries added together .. it's the 50% bonuses ... also means that if don't play, you don't earn the big bucks, that seems fair enough and bloody shrewd management ....
Probably why Toby kicked up a fuss even despite the club reportedly reaching a reasonable compromise on the pay. And makes the numbers of the reported showdown make sense. Club offered £130k pw with bonuses raising that to £180k pw potentially. Toby sees his replacement in Sanchez coming hard and fast and shows up to the contract signing demanding that bonus figure be converted into base salary because he knows he’s likely to see less playing time as the deal goes on.

Absolutely agree that pay-for-play is the way to go. But it does make sense of some things.

giphy.gif

We're all doing this on the inside no doubt.

Bigger revenues = more money to spend
Instead of a new stadium they just enlarged their dump = more money to spend (not in the long run though)
Selling both Suarez and cuntinho for huge sums = more money to spend

Not that hard

I know. Selling Coutinho was great for them (as I said all along). It freed up money to spend, and they are being quite generous with their wages as well.

I am not saying "WTF! We should buy those players!! FFS LEVY Pay up! #ENIC out!"!! I am saying I find it strange that they seem to get these players with little competition from richer clubs.

Arse and United desperately need central defenders, City could need one as well, yet it seemed noone else was in for VD. Keita and Fekir would probably be great upgrades for at least Arse and United, possibly also Chelsea, but none of them were linked to the players that I have seen.

With Fekir costing only 50, we could've, perhaps should've, at least been in the mix. Keita and VD, though, were not in our price range.

I know. Selling Coutinho was great for them (as I said all along). It freed up money to spend, and they are being quite generous with their wages as well.

I am not saying "WTF! We should buy those players!! FFS LEVY Pay up! #ENIC out!"!! I am saying I find it strange that they seem to get these players with little competition from richer clubs.

Arse and United desperately need central defenders, City could need one as well, yet it seemed noone else was in for VD. Keita and Fekir would probably be great upgrades for at least Arse and United, possibly also Chelsea, but none of them were linked to the players that I have seen.

With Fekir costing only 50, we could've, perhaps should've, at least been in the mix. Keita and VD, though, were not in our price range.
Woolwich are in fucking shambles as are the chavs. People don’t realize how stretched United are with their wages and exapnses

It's fucking appalling that all contracts in football aren't somewhat performance based , Alexis Sanchez and the like are on Versace wages putting in Primark performance it's obscene.

Back
Top Bottom