Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nabil Bentaleb Nabil Bentaleb you keep track of Portugese football right? Bruno Fernandes, worth a punt?

Of course I do mate. Super Porto fan. Season ticket and all that ahah but to what matters.

Amazing talent. He’s a all rounded midfielder. Can play either in the dembele role or eriksen. Great passing game either short or killer ones to put some striker in front of goal. Hes easily the best long shot on our league. He’s more dangerous out of the area then in to be fair. Great in dead balls. Either corners or free kicks. Amazing work rate despite not too muscular but he’s also not a short fella. A shame he plays for sporting. He’s a Porto fan. He’s the best midfielder in our league and the best sporting player. Tottenham signing him would be lovely. I’m a fan despite him playing for a rival. He’s also a very “normal” guy like Bernardo silva. He’s a footballer but he’s not a primadonna or a cunt in the field. Just do the business

Of course I do mate. Super Porto fan. Season ticket and all that ahah but to what matters.

Amazing talent. He’s a all rounded midfielder. Can play either in the dembele role or eriksen. Great passing game either short or killer ones to put some striker in front of goal. Hes easily the best long shot on our league. He’s more dangerous out of the area then in to be fair. Great in dead balls. Either corners or free kicks. Amazing work rate despite not too muscular but he’s also not a short fella. A shame he plays for sporting. He’s a Porto fan. He’s the best midfielder in our league and the best sporting player. Tottenham signing him would be lovely. I’m a fan despite him playing for a rival. He’s also a very “normal” guy like Bernardo silva. He’s a footballer but he’s not a primadonna or a cunt in the field. Just do the business
Sounds like a decent idea as a Dembele replacement then (if required). Little nervous about how some up-and-comers fare when coming out of the Portuguese league - but you were on point about Bernardo Silva.

Sounds like a decent idea as a Dembele replacement then (if required). Little nervous about how some up-and-comers fare when coming out of the Portuguese league - but you were on point about Bernardo Silva.
Great player and fits really our transfers politic and poch view tactically.
Bernardo was too good to fail. Also a very good head above his shoulders what helps a lot.

Fucking hell. Portuguese take over.

Gelson is a the Portuguese Zaha basically.
Cedric really don’t rate. Imo he’s only the third or fourth best Portuguese right back. Ricardo and Semedo are way better. And even cancelo is not worst.
Ruben Neves is a very special talent. A shame Danilo is so good and porto had to sell him.

Fucking hell. Portuguese take over.

> Bring in players who speak Portugese.
> Lucas has already been here for half a season.
> Done two bits of business with PSG in the last year.

We know where this is going:

source.gif

Lifted from the Utd thread, as my answer is more relevant here:

Pre-season vote over 40% said we wouldn’t win the league.
Although more voted for 4th than second. So a few here knew their onions.

I basically thought 4th was realistic due to Wembley factor and dodgy away form. But I still came up with some punditry insight gold.

Basically if our home form was the best AND our away form was the best we could win the league.

Yes I’m a genius.

After the City 4-1 I think most people thought 4th was going to be a real stretch.
No one though our next league defeat would be some four months later and we'd 5pts above Chelsea who were second and 8pt ahead of us on new years eve (we were 6th).

Thats why all this freaking out about players not being good enough is nonsense. The focus and application needs addressing, and right now its looks like its Pochs time to step up and not burn out, and keep his eye on the ball.
The players were a collective disgrace in the semi, and its taken me until now, some 5 days later to start giving a toss about Watford.

But this is when the manager earns his money, its make or break time in our season, starting Monday. No cup and no CL would be shit, no pretending otherwise, especially when the Scousers are in the CL final, and god forbid the Scum win tonight. Wont be much bragging rights for us with Woolwich lifting a european trophy over their heads and booking a ticket to next years CL with it.

Basically, with this sqaud fit and motivated and in form, the only changes Id make is Llorente out and someone like Gabbiadini, Austin or King in. Maybe even Ings or give Benteke a shot under Pochs management.

Realistically, no one stays in form all season though, and with the likelihood of Toby and Rose leaving, we will need competition for CB and LB, but they dont need to be marquee either.
Central midfield Im happy with and look forward to Winks getting back, and maybe Onomah returning.

AM's are ok, unless a steal comes along, but would be better off with someone who can play deeper, or as a striker than an out and out attacking mid.
Moura needs to play, every week, from the season start until rotation demands a change, in my opinion, and Id actually like to see Lamela given an Eriksen type role, a little deeper, and a little less erratic in his game.

We're very close, it really is down to the staff doing what they do best now.

Back
Top Bottom