Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course its legal -
1) the benefit to the player is one more year of earnings.
2) all contracts with club having an option would be unenforceable - all Levys 3+2 - Martials options etc.
3) if this was an issue pretty sure that Toby's agent would have been shouting it out for the past year rather than a dodgy Belgian journo.

I agree... mostly.

As much as he comes off as a prick most times, Kristof is by far the best Belgium source out there.

Heard we need to up our home grown quota so I do hope we can finalise the deal for Grealish.

Otherwise it's Jack to the drawing board.

I haven't been honest with y'all - I am actually the guy that runs the medicals for incoming transfers.

Been a slow season, but finally had old Jacky boy on my table yesterday.

I hate to say it, but after getting a closer look at that hair, Levy's backing out, so no new signings this week.

To be fair, Toby is on extremely low wages relative to the PL. 50k is less than backup players make for the rest of the top 6.

so don't agree to it in the first place. Nobody has a crystal ball... perhaps the bubble could have burst and we would be stuck paying his high wages. He might have got an injury or dropped in form so not really worth 50k p/w, we would still have paid it. If no club wanted to take him off our hands we would be stuck like City and Ade. It's the way it goes...

so don't agree to it in the first place. Nobody has a crystal ball... perhaps the bubble could have burst and we would be stuck paying his high wages. He might have got an injury or dropped in form so not really worth 50k p/w, we would still have paid it. If no club wanted to take him off our hands we would be stuck like City and Ade. It's the way it goes...

I never said it was unfair.

But people are emotional and if they see their team mates making literally 4x their salary, they'll naturally become discontent/jealous. But I do agree he should have agreed to 120k/w, which was more than fair imho.

Martial has left Man Uniteds US Tour........ to come home for the birth of his child

Martial

WMUmfOj.jpg

Back
Top Bottom