Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm not going to use the b word but I'd like to think that maybe Poch and Levy have the same approach to the window. And I hope it's this.

Let's not waste money on the N' something's that could be decent squad players. Maybe they're looking at the situation they've both created, that is, putting us a couple of years ahead of schedule in terms of finishing positions and fan expectations.

As a fan, I'd like signings, but I also enjoy our approach. So, possibly the B word is along the lines of let's identify our top 1-2 targets in the positions we want. If we can't then let's use the younger players that are showing good signs rather than continue another period of unloading the dross that is hard to shift?

I can fully understand people's reasons for wanting to spend a lot more but it won't guarantee anything except a better chance and even then squad chemistry etc can be thrown in.

What I'm personally waiting for is the ridiculous money well to fall out. I'm 33. I'm hoping that within 10-15 years this money mess of football will have panned out by which time we will financially own one of the finest football establishments in the world.

Those that relied on billionaire owners and global investors will soon see them cover their own arses and get out. Hopefully, Enic don't sell us out to someone looking at us as a means of corporate money fleecing etc

Sorry for the ramble everyone. Please continue your respective online brawls

I agree. What I think the case is Poch doesnt want just anyone. I think he has players he wants, and if they are unavailable or really are too expensive then he doesn't want to sign any make do's in their place.

I still think a Martial for Alderweireld plus cash will go to deadline day, and I think the majority of our business depends on this. As long as that's not agreed then they will be keeping tabs on Zaha. Grealish is a maybe as I don't think Levy will pay over the odds, and I don't think he was one of Poch's initial targets. I can see a centre mid coming in though.

"for different reasons it's been difficult to add players who can help us"

I imagine Levy haters will say its because Levy isn't providing the money and backing Poch

Others could argue its because either players have signed new deals, clubs aren't willing to sell or are simply pricing us out.

I still think we'll get signings. Hopefully once the windows over we can all back the team again.

People moan that we usually settle for Pochs 3rd and 4th choices or get in players like NKoudou and Njie but maybe Poch this year has decided he'd rather give youth a chance if he can't get his main choices because he doesn't want to waste money for the sake of it.

Pochettino: “But of course football is always about adding more quality every season like different clubs, our contenders are doing. If we cannot do that we need to try to be creative and of course the help from the younger players would be amazing".

Not saying that we're all right but , for better or worse, this all encapsulates why this window may be the most difficult of all until the financial benefits of the new stadium start to kick in.

Sorry for anyone that cba with the reading but at least I've contributed to the 1000 page dream ya get meh

So because I can't exactly quantify the effect of swapping Trippier for Walker, it's not even up for discussion? I think it's very obvious that Walker is the better player of the two

I was simply responding to your comments.

You said:

"Were we a better team with Walker or Trippier? That's what I care about"

Not, 'Who is the better player?'

You ask a question..... I urged you to attempt to answer it.

If you meant something else, get your shit together and post what you mean instead.

Just to play devil's advocate, Poch may have made those comments knowing they would be twisted into something else to apply a bit of public pressure.....

I can't see if myself as I don't think he works that way!

Really gotta push it, if we're gonna make it to page 1000.

giphy.gif

If you seriously think the “things look dark” for Spurs right now, how the fuck did you cope when we were a mid-table side? Or when we battled relegation? This is literally the best we’ve had it for decades, what’s the matter with you miserable fuckers that can’t just enjoy it?? Or are you actually just a 15 year old thats been following Spurs for about 2 years?
Spurs have never never been a midtable/relegation fodder as long as I remember. The closest we came was 2008/09 season when players decided to down their tools to get Ramos out of the club. We have always had european football, be it CL or EL.

Spurs have never never been a midtable/relegation fodder as long as I remember. The closest we came was 2008/09 season when players decided to down their tools to get Ramos out of the club. We have always had european football, be it CL or EL.

That's a nonsense post my friend. We have not always had CL or EL football. I remember us getting relegated in the 70s. Thank fuck no social media then or the internet would have broken.

Back
Top Bottom