Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The PL transfer window slams shut on Thursday 5pm, just saying.

After this weekend, 4 days of activities (or inactivities) left.

Enjoy the weekend!

Sessegnon isn't a full back first off so that's a straight up lie. Contracts shouldn't be used when judging a transfer window as they're not related. We don't have a squad to challenge for the title, teams around us are very quickly overtaking us

They’ve overtaken us? They haven’t kicked a ball.

Are you now going to lie and say that people didn’t want Sessengon as a full back?
Hilarious.

And the point still stands, they wanted new full backs ASAP.....now they don’t want new full backs.

How can the “number one area that needs improving” change with the exact same squad that finished the season?

Oh.....because you’ve all changed your minds and decided it was a DM we needed as soon as twitter said we wanted Ndombele.

Fucking hell. No one has overtaken us.

A ball hasn't even been kicked ffs.

Remember when Everton won the transfer window last season and had to fight relegation for months and had to resort to fucking Sam Allardyce?

We'll fight for top four yet again this season, as we should and we'll continue to overachieve.

Couple of weeks ago that numpty over on SC promised signings on the Mon & the Weds, fuck all happened.

Last week on here, I was told that Thursday was Spursday (although I believe that post to have been in jest).

I'm putting my nuts in a vice here and I am going to say we are going to announce a signing on Friday 3rd Aug 2018. Can't say too much more than that, you know the score...
dont-tell-smiley-emoticon.gif

Can I spin this to mean Amos signing a three year contract?

I understand and appreciate positivity, but can't shake the feeling that there is an awful lot of worn-down lowered expectations running rampant in here.

If you'd told us after the final whistle on the final day of the season that we'd be in a situation where zero incomings/outgoings had occurred with less than a week to go in the transfer window (and as far as contract renewals go, Eriksen and Dele are probably being cynically held back until next week in case fuck all else happens, which is a bad sign) then I'd say the vast majority would react negatively.

I get the desire to rationalise what's happened so far because it's better to be reassured about the club we love than fear it's fucking up - but if I'm being completely honest it's not looking great. Poch's comments today also don't fill me with reassurance considering how well trained he is with the media (even if he resigned tomorrow I doubt you'd see him saying anything bad about the club).

Show me the posts demanding we spend 130m on players or demanding Bale and Modric. Again you've made stuff up

Mmmm no, I haven’t.

If people want Zaha and Martial then they want us to pay what they cost. That’s 130M.

So many of you have demanded world class signings yet try to crawl your way out of demanding we spend huge amounts.

What, people wanted Bale for 12M again did they?
You just said our rivals are overtaking us and you want us to spend enough to compete.
Liverpool have spent 266M since January.....Utd just spent 73M on mundane no names you wouldn’t want......oh but FRED!!!!! He’s from BRAZIL!!!!!

....how do we compete without spending huge amounts then?

Last edited:
Mmmm no, I haven’t.

If people want Zaha and Martial then they want us to pay what they cost. That’s 130M.

So many of you have demanded world class signings yet try to crawl your way out of demanding we spend huge amounts.

What, people wanted Bale for 12M again did they?
You just said our rivals are overtaking us and you want us to spend enough to compete.
Liverpool have spend 266M since January.....Utd just spent 73M on mundane no names you wouldn’t want......oh but FRED!!!!! He’s from BRAZIL!!!!!

....how do we compete without spending huge amounts then?
Best 4 week holiday ever

:walker-scream:

Then you are definitely young! I watched us fight relegation in the 90s.

I watched us go down in the 70s!

Delighted with our side, set up, manager, stadium and the fact that other teams now regard us as a tough nut to crack unlike ‘soft spurs’ of yesteryear

My favourite saying to my 20 yr old son “you’ve never had it so good “
He usually responds by walking away shaking his head!

Welcome back sammyspurs sammyspurs , can we get your thoughts on the window so far? Everything is going to plan is it? Just need to sign a few league 2 players and you'll be over the moon won't you? Even better if we sack Poch, sell Kane and Alderweireld, you'll probably blow your load you dumb cunt

You missed out ‘bench Dele’!!!!

What do you base that statement on? This isn't Football Manager, mate. Pretty sure Poch and Levy know what they are doing.

Knee jerking at it's finest!!

He hasn’t warmed up yet

Wait until there’s a game on and we’re not three up after ten mins

I understand and appreciate positivity, but can't shake the feeling that there is an awful lot of worn-down lowered expectations running rampant in here.

If you'd told us after the final whistle on the final day of the season that we'd be in a situation where zero incomings/outgoings had occurred with less than a week to go in the transfer window (and as far as contract renewals go, Eriksen and Dele are probably being cynically held back until next week in case fuck all else happens, which is a bad sign) then I'd say the vast majority would react negatively.

I get the desire to rationalise what's happened so far because it's better to be reassured about the club we love than fear it's fucking up - but if I'm being completely honest it's not looking great. Poch's comments today also don't fill me with reassurance considering how well trained he is with the media (even if he resigned tomorrow I doubt you'd see him saying anything bad about the club).

I find it more worrying that normally excellent upbeat fans like you have sucked into this whirlpool of negativity and fake news bullshit that everything’s shit.

Tiring to be honest, and by October you’ll be happily cheering on all the players you now think need replacing. Then in January all your anxiety will return, it’s just bizarrre.

Seriously, we just finished 3rd not 7th.

Back
Top Bottom