Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah but I support the club not some cunts who think the club is a load of shit because Skysports told them transfer windows was Christmas for plastic fans.

The club is it’s supporters - not its board, management team or players who would readily trade up for profits or for higher remuneration. If a supporter doesn’t even have the slightest concern at the club not making any signings at this stage of the window then something really is amiss.

Quick one to give a little perspective here. Has there been any balanced review of the massive risks Liverpool are taking with their spending in 2018?

A signing isn't just the transfer fee. It's also the wages x years on contract, agents 'commissions', the lost spot for a youth system player, etc.

That team has possibly mortgaged the future to crack 2nd.

And Christ knows what happens after Brexit. The arse falls out of the pound, we know that. Now's not the time for financial extravagance.

Liverpool may have the wealth to ride out the gamble, but I can't see Fulham, Palace or those teams being able to.

Let's get back to reality. I'd rather have a viable team in 5 years. If it all goes tits up today there is one club in the league with sustainable wages and a sensible transfer policy. With also the most valuable player in the world, who just committed to us for another 5 years or so.

Hands up who remembers Austin on one side and Edinburgh on the other? Or that gurning fuck Walker laughing every time he conceded? Iversen. Rebrov. Mido. Samways. Fuck lads, this club has improved more than any other in England (organically), through strategy.

Ok so say we sell Toby and buy no one, will you be first on here to say how shambolic its been ?

Until that happens, I'm not getting frustrated about anything.

You're getting absolutely worked up over nothing but twitter talk and media chat. A media that sells off our manager and squad almost every single week.

It's the same as always. Last year Lesniak was the new Glenn Hoddle, Onomah was going to do a Dele Alli and score 20 goals and Trippier was waaaaaay better than Walker. Then when his delusions burst and reality hits he wanted Poch sacked and Dele and Kane sold hahahaha sad wanker

What reality has hit? I’m happy with last season and the window....

You seem to be mixing up dropped and sold.
I wanted them dropped.

Poch sacked? Haha nice one.....Poch dropped and sold Walker. I backed it and I think Trippier is better. Poch dropped Toby.

It’s another type of fan that probably wants him sacked......the type that clearly thinks he’s fucked our defence up. Like you maybe.

Quick one to give a little perspective here. Has there been any balanced review of the massive risks Liverpool are taking with their spending in 2018?

A signing isn't just the transfer fee. It's also the wages x years on contract, agents 'commissions', the lost spot for a youth system player, etc.

And Christ knows what happens after Brexit. The arse falls out of the pound, we know that. Now's not the time for financial extravagance.

Liverpool may have the wealth to ride out the gamble, but I can't see Fulham, Palace or those teams being able to.

Let's get back to reality. I'd rather have a viable team in 5 years. If it all goes tits up today there is one club in the league with sustainable wages and a sensible transfer policy. With also the most valuable player in the world, who just committed to us for another 5 years or so.

Hands up who remembers Austin on one side and Edinburgh on the other? Or that gurning fuck Walker laughing every time he conceded? Iversen. Rebrov. Mido. Samways. Fuck lads, this club has improved more than any other in England (organically), through strategy.

I’d imagine Liverpool are hoping the pound plummets (even more), as all their wealth will be in dollars.

As an aside, having just got back from Majorca, the current euro rate can shampoo my balls.

You can just as easily flip that around about the giant risk we are taking if we finish 5th and get some unrest from kane, eriksen, alli, etc.

I’m fully aware you wish daddy took you to Anfield when you were ten instead of WHL (cough yeah right cough)

But you don’t have to keep reminding me every single day that you think Liverpool are far far better than Spurs and you wish we were run by some yanks and operating at 230M in the red.

I get it
I'll be going to London around october we can meet up there

The club is it’s supporters - not its board, management team or players who would readily trade up for profits or for higher remuneration. If a supporter doesn’t even have the slightest concern at the club not making any signings at this stage of the window then something really is amiss.

I support the club and it’s policy, you can cry about whatever the fuck you like

Trust Sammy spurs to agree with this. Both of you are so deluded and out of touch with reality it's laughable. How would we still be moaning if we won the fa cup? We don't win any trophies, so we would be ecstatic if we won something.

We all want this club to be successful and when you are so close to potentially achieving something, but your chairman ponders around picking his nose throughout the whole summer, whilst all the top sides around us are making improvements, we have every right to frustrated.

How can we be the only team in the league to have not signed anyone ? How can you both find this acceptable? Even our own manager is baffled by the lack of activity, as proven by today's comments. I suppose you are going to tell us how fantastic it all is?

If Pochettino hasn't got a clue what's going on, then how do you explain that then ? The best manager we have had in years is totally bewildered by our transfer window and is relying on the board to back him. This isn't happening right now. You have yourself and SAmmy, who's just got back from his holiday to Butlins calling out everyone because we feel extremely frustrated. To right, this window has been an absolute fucking shambles.

You’re a shit fan, never around when it’s good

I support the club and it’s policy, you can cry about whatever the fuck you like

Good for you - most however will take the view that the current custodians of the club are accountable to the supporter base and not the other way around. This extreme defence irrespective of the circumstance is bordering on the absurd - we will have bad windows from time to time - which will warrant criticism but that does not automatically translate into wanting the board gone.

Back
Top Bottom