Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Will be an interesting dressing room if we sign Bale AND Maddison in this window....
To my face this time, James?

download%2B%252812%2529.gif

We need to drop the chip off our shoulders, we aren’t the underdog anymore and nor do we need to look up to teams like Atletico

We don't need to look up to Atletico anymore once we win the league like they did. And we are a financial underdog compared to five other English teams and several more on the continent for the foreseeable future. The gap is closing, sure, but that's reality.

I would kill to have Atletico's last five seasons be our next five, wouldn't you?

(Maybe we could dodge the two heartbreaking losses to our city rivals in CL finals though, there is that)

Always liked what I've seen of Maddison's game - more so that Sessegnon - and think he'd be great for us.

I know he's posted shit about us, but he was an unsigned 15/16 year old kid when he did that. Stupid, for sure, but unless he's done something similar more recently... <shrugs>

Back in the day i bet you preferred Ruel Fox to John Barnes.

You are basically saying that its a risk to use kids and champo players........but when Poch said take risks, he didnt ,mean that, he meant sign Bale and Martial. It makes no sense, as per usual with you.
Why does it not make sense?

There are different kinds of risks. Theres a big risk involved for Poch if we buy lower league players and the rest of the big clubs are buying worldies. Maybe our lower league buys will make the grade, maybe they wont.For levy thats not a risk, he'd be happy to spend as little as possible and gain as much as possible for the rest of eternity.

For poch though, maybe he realizes he wants to be winning something some time soon. He doesnt want to risk league rankings, he would want to move further up. So maybe this taking risks doesnt mean taking risks with the quality of the players we buy, but taking biggers risks with money . Weve already seen that new big contracts for our best players and maybe risking more money to get the best players out there like Bale is also something he wants.

Maybe you are right, maybe the opposite opinion is. Only time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom