Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Remember how hard it was for Moura to get time last season.

If it was that hard for him to get playing time, how/why are we going to sign another attacking player? Just to sit on the bench behind Moura an co?

To be fair, once Moura was bedded into the squad, it was the business end of the season when the games were less frequent and we were really only using 13-14 guys.

The squad will need to be bigger early this season if we're to have any hope on competing on multiple fronts.

Selling Llorente and Janssen and adding Martial would be perfect squad depth and balance-wise. We'll see.

Yes he has, but he plays for a team that plays to his strengths. Lucas is trying to break into what is already a very good team. I think he has stuff we haven’t even seen yet. I’m excited to see how he goes this season.

Nailed it I think, being a big fish in a small pond doesn't always end up happily at a bigger club, even more relevant as Zaha failed at manure already.

Signing someone or not, Moura should be given time

Personally, I think buying another player in that vein jeapardises this.

Also, if our longer term interest in Zaha is to be believed, I'd like to think if we were 'always' gonna go balls deep for him we wouldn't have bothered signing Lucas at all.

If we don't make the sales understandably predicted by many - which is entirely possible - Zaha could likely represent all of or even more than our net spend.

To me that's a big risk given the question marks we have over Dembele/Winks (both long and short term).

That's my only unease in this window and i hope regardless of any links or rumours that it is similarly at the forefront of Poch/Levy's minds.

Beyond that, close the window for all the good i see it doing to do us.

A bench of Toby, Rose, Lucas, Lamela, Wanyana, Aurier + Voorm will do me fine.

Funny we bemoan City's bazillion £ bench... Yet without doing the same we aren't gonna accumulate a much better bench ourselves.

#SplintersForCash

Something is now happening I reckon, I will make a call and say a swap will occur Toby for Martial, if I am wrong you can put me in the stocks!

Back
Top Bottom