Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I get your point about Kane’s injury issues but the small oversight you’re making is that to get another injury prone forward on our books would cost some £50 million and what, £350k a week which would smash our pay structure?

Even if Real subsidises his salary we’re paying a lot for what I expect a relatively marginal gain.

A small bang for a lot of buck.

The small bang can happen late on in a deadlocked game away to Woolwich.
Struggling to break down a bottom half team while they stick 11 men behind the ball.
Last day of the season when we need a win against the Toffees to guarantee top 4 🙄
Even in a major Semi or Final.

It's these tiny little moments that completely change everything. A goal in the 60th~ minute in the Champions league final which completely opens up the game and changes momentum... What a different story we have for the rest of our lives because of 1 moment, 1 bang.

Strange window so far..ndombele is a good start. But I really hope it is just the start, we need some reinforcements badly imo. Not sure why things have ground to somewhat of a halt.
All the clubs are on a merry go round of sorts, somebody needs to push first. We can’t do Lo Celso until we are sure Eriksen is off. Sessegnon I think is a waiting game and Trippier just aided with cash flow.

I get your point about Kane’s injury issues but the small oversight you’re making is that to get another injury prone forward on our books would cost some £50 million and what, £350k a week which would smash our pay structure?

Even if Real subsidises his salary we’re paying a lot for what I expect a relatively marginal gain.

A small bang for a lot of buck.
I addressed that when i said if we could afford it (meaning amending pay structure etc). Of course we can't so its moot. My comments was more aimed at the folk who keep slinging out "living in the past" like it has any relevance. I don't think anyone is doing that. We all want world class players, Bale is a world class, proven match winner at the absolute highest level and his injuries are no worse than Kane's.

It'd be a big risk no doubt and i absolutely understand why people wouldn't want us to take it. But is it more of a risk than paying £50-60m and £150k+for lo Celso, which people don't seem to take issue with? Its less of course, but completely unproven.

giphy.gif

I'd have been happy keeping Trippier to be honest. I think other areas needed more attention, especially if Eriksen and Alderweireld do go.

Not sure I trust Aurier, Foyth and KWP as our rightback options going forward, but Foyth has seemed ok there. Still the option of Atal and Aarons (not sure if he as actually signed a new deal yet?)

AG is pretty reliable.
One of the advantages of being a mouth piece for the club is that if he's reporting it, it probably means he's taking Trippier to the medical himself.

And I don't mean this to come off as derogatory as it is. But AG doesn't report things that the club don't want out there.

Kane has spent a remarkably similar amount of time in the stands as Bale over the past few seasons. something like 200 days each, yet no one is screaming for us to stop paying Kane £200k per week and get rid.

Just playing devils advocate but theres some truth there. Kane clearly has an ankle issue that will likely recur, same as Bales dodgy calf.
We dont have to pay 50+ to get kane

Any one else worried that our transfer business is done for the summer? Poch has always said if the right player isn't available he won't move for them. And if no one matches our valuation for TA, CE, KT etc I see them staying put. Got a horrible feeling.

Strange window so far..ndombele is a good start. But I really hope it is just the start, we need some reinforcements badly imo. Not sure why things have ground to somewhat of a halt.

It's not just us tho....

Seems to me the stupid EPL directive of closing the window earlier than the rest of the world (again!) renders a fair chunk of our window dead whilst we wait for most clubs and players to prepare to do their own business whilst they know they have the luxury of another 3 weeks to play with.

U21s, Copa America don't help either.

I'm simply thankful we got our main target (and most pressing vacancy) in the bag nice and early. Ndombele being on tour with the rest of the lads is a big win!

So, having forgiven Ceballos for his dodgy tweets, he ends up signing for the Arse, can we go full steam ahead and add him to the long roster of Dial Square sexpests and nonces?

#HasSportsDesksOnSpeedDial
If Madrid aren't willing to add an 'Option to buy clause' then I'm happy not to get him. Why should we be polishing someone else's turd?

Fingers crossed. Strength in depth is key and we've been lacking it for years now. Incredible how we've challenged on so many fronts in recent seasons.

'Perhaps' our strength in depth isn't wasn't as bad a some insisted all along.

We were absolutely ravaged by injuries last year and still made top4, LC semi & CL final.... We were in the title mix until January.... Less injuries and we'd have pushed harder still.

Might make RM get serious?

Much of a muchness to me tbh.... Sold is sold....

RM/Ceballos stiutation is only desirable if we get a buy clause otherwise i'd rather we didn't bother (cos it means we'll only get him if he turns out shit).... Player doesn't want to leave RM long-term remember.

Back
Top Bottom