Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes agreed. But why are talking like 3 weeks isn't a lot of time to get things done?
Because Levy is a world champion procrastinator and personally I think he's more interested in the deal than the team. Three weeks for him and three weeks for us as supporters and fanatics are in different worlds. We really shouldn't be playing games anymore. We may very well be losing our chances for Lo Celso and Ceballos because of his brinkmanship.

Every manager and fan would like players In earlier.

But how many players have Manu signed or Liverpool or Mancity or Woolwich ?

About the only club who has signed lots of players is Villa - but for s total of about £100m ,(same as Fulham last year and that bought them relegation)

So most PL teams will be signing most of their incoming players in the last few weeks of the season, same as us.

Personally doubt we will sign a RB, but think we will get another say 4 players I ,( including youngsters)

You make a good point, let's hope we get some more business done by the end of the window.

But Liverpool, Man City already have strong squads. In order to really challenge for the PL championship, we have to strengthen our squad, not keep playing most of the same players in that awful diamond. We simply don't have the strength to cope with injuries.
I wouldn't be surprised if we made just one more first team signing. I'm not holding my breath for that though, so it could be no more first team signings

Is that what's going to happen? I have no idea lol!

Maybe lion knows but, he's been told he can't say anything so we'll just have to wait and see

Ah yeah, no team is going to beat the oil riggers to the title next season, they're built on billions. Now that may sound defeatist and well, you might have a point. Whoever we sign / don't sign won't change that mind, so let the disagree button take a pounding lol!

zZasaWy.gif

Because Levy is a world champion procrastinator and personally I think he's more interested in the deal than the team. Three weeks for him and three weeks for us as supporters and fanatics are in different worlds. We really shouldn't be playing games anymore. We may very well be losing our chances for Lo Celso and Ceballos because of his brinkmanship.

He went out and got Poch's top transfer target as soon as he could.

Lo Celso & Ceballos are still are vacation.

We're not taking Ceballo if its a pure loan deal.

Real Betis are on the brink of getting Lo Celso's replacement.

All signs point positive

It would be easy to read this as good news for KWP, I'd love to think this means Poch is ready to trust him with a lot more game time, it's overdue, he was ready to be back up rotation 2 years ago.

But I fear Poch has another one of his fucking positional switch ideas and it just means we are going to be seeing more of Foyth doing his Corluka impression.

I wouldn't be surprised if we made just one more first team signing. I'm not holding my breath for that though, so it could be no more first team signings

Is that what's going to happen? I have no idea lol!

Maybe lion knows but, he's been told he can't say anything so we'll just have to wait and see

Ah yeah, no team is going to beat the oil riggers to the title next season, they're built on billions. Now that may sound defeatist and well, you might have a point. Whoever we sign / don't sign won't change that mind, so let the disagree button take a pounding lol!

zZasaWy.gif
it's not how much you are able to spend. It's how and who you buy that's important. We don't need billions to beat oil teams. But we do need to make some some changes in the squad or we're going to get left behind.... again. And the teams that screwed up badly enough last season which gave us our place at the end of the season are bulking up as are dangerous competitors such as Everton, Leicester and Wolves.

I had hoped that by now we would have signed at least 3 new players. They would need time to settle in the team before the new season. We seem to be selling with no sign of better replacements . I have a really bad feeling about the coming season. I still haven't got over the massive disappointment of the CL Final and I really do think we won't do as well again this season(I hope I am wrong) oh well, onwards and upwards COYS
Don't be so negative. Keep the faith. We have just signed a game changer. Trust in the manager who has got us to this point.

Back
Top Bottom