Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is the oldest unresolved discussion on this thread.

When people have been asked to name available top class RB's there has then been a silence.....followed by maybe Atal...… ONE RB. So maybe that's why a RB wasn't on Poch's list this summer.

With Foyth injured, maybe we might be looking at one now, but it'll be a last minute job imo

I'm not even talking about a "world class" right back though. All I want is someone who is actually a right back, not a centre half shoved there, or two players the manager clearly doesn't fancy. I don't know who fits the bill as I'm not a scout but we need something there. Urgently.

If we find a decent price for Eriksen and still spunk out 100M, filling our weak areas and adding fucking Dybala, well, the Levy battle will have been decided.

Levy has planned our finances well over the last decade to get the stadium built and a ecent squad together - Poch has helped enormously by over achieving, but strangely most of the players were there before (which is down to Levy's football advisors pre-Poch) he arrived so its his coaching of the likes of Kane which have been key.

Good partnership between coach and chairman so far.

I'm not even talking about a "world class" right back though. All I want is someone who is actually a right back, not a centre half shoved there, or two players the manager clearly doesn't fancy. I don't know who fits the bill as I'm not a scout but we need something there. Urgently.

The real question is why did we sell the manager's first choice player among that group for peanuts?

25 man squad you say?

(1) Lloris

(2) Alderweireld (3) Sanchez (4) Vertonghen

[1] Winks

(5) Lo Celso (6) Sissoko (7) NDombele

(8) Son [2] Kane (9) Moura​

(10) Gazzaniga, {1} Foyth, (11) Davies, (12) Dier, [3] Dele, (13) Lamela, (14) Dybala

[4] Walker-Peters, (15) Aurier, {2} Tanganga, [5] Rose, (16) Wanyama, {3} Skipp, {4} Parrott

If you are referring to who I think you are... most definitely NOT.......It's been an accepted expression long before him I think. Interesting to know where it originates from...I know 'over the moon' is reference to the nursery rhyme The Cat and The Fiddle but who was 'Jim' :thumbdown:
Anybody know for sure ??

Going to be a busy day tommorow

Cs8r-Jha-WAAAt-ASc.jpg

Harry-Kane-Signs-New-Contract-at-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

mauricio-pochettino-signs-new-five-year-contract-at-tottenham-hotspur.jpg
this-looks-shopped-i-can-tell-from-some-of-the-37103753.png

No point in buying an RB who is just ok, so Poch wants a quality RB and there aren't any it seems.

So Poch is/was happy with a choice of Foyth (international RB for Argentina), Aurier (International RB for Ivory Coast) and Walker-Peters (RB/LB for E u21) as they are/were better than the alternatives.

But a week or so ago Foyth was injured so maybe on Transfer day, maybe Poch will have done some frantic scouting and surprise us all with a RB

Back
Top Bottom