Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hqdefault.jpg

Fucking Lion needs a beating

Because we probably don't rate Bruno. Nothing more to it than that.

Apparently we've been working on the Dybala deal for three weeks. It's not been a last ditch effort. And that lad isn't moving anywhere until he settles his case with the company that own his image rights.
image rights is only an issue with the EPL isnt it? I thought it was their ruling rather than UEFA.

I'm optimistic enough to call it a 3 horse race with City being the clear favorites over Liverpool and Spurs.

A shame we couldn't do a bit more I feel.

With 3 new players and some instability regarding that pr!ck Rose, now Eriksen and the humbled Alderweireld it's a bit unknown.

If Sessegnon and Lo Celso (once announced) and Ndombele hit the ground running and others are 5% better than last year...

Hmmmmm.

But it looked like inter beat them to that signing a few days ago but they still agreed to sell Dybala yesterday.

Sounds from radio stuff like the wages 10m + agent fee 15m + image rights 35m made us think twice.... Reality = 120m + wages.... Our Interest was obv. reactive to him becoming available.... Guess we didn't want him to that degree which is fair enough (imo).

So keeping a player who doesn't want to be here and losing £40-50mil is not retarded?

No, saying the transfer window is a 9/10 if we sell one of our best players is retarded.

A transfer window is good if we strengthen the team, not if we weaken it but line our pockets. But I wouldn’t expect you to understand that.

Still feels like a 6/10 window for me just for the simple fact we have only replaced eriksen, and haven't added another attacking player.

We wouldn't have been chasing Dybala if Poch didn't think we needed more further up the pitch.

Looking at our options this weekend with Dele & Son out, +Eriksen unlikely to play if he has asked to leave.

Let's hope Poch can get Lo Celso up to speed quickly because our season will depend on him & Ndombele finding their feet.
4PM announcement
You’re missing your calling there’s an ITK desk with your name on it somewhere

The only thing I wonder about this Dybala nonsense is if we could have brought in Bruno with Lo Celso if we hadn't been so focused on Dybala. Lo Celso and Fernandez would have made me content in replacing Eriksen.
Of course by next summer if/when we need to replace Eriksen, there will be 3 new hot talents whose names you do not know today that will be "must haves" to replace Eriksen.

2,043 pages for a transfer window is utter fucking nonsense.

Back
Top Bottom