Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

hkwjaQf_d.jpg
Hold on a minute.

Is the lad wearing shorts over chinos??

No, saying the transfer window is a 9/10 if we sell one of our best players is retarded.

Needs must. At this point selling Eriksen is more beneficial to us than keeping him imo. £40-50 mil is an entire CL campaign that we're just going to let go for nothing.

• If we keep him and make the CL we've gained nothing, we would have got that anyway from selling.
  • If we keep him and don't make the CL we've lost £40-50 mil due to not selling.
  • If we lose him and make the CL we've made £40-50 mil plus CL money.
  • If we lose him and don't make the CL we've at least got 1 seasons worth of CL revenue from his sale.

The only thing I wonder about this Dybala nonsense is if we could have brought in Bruno with Lo Celso if we hadn't been so focused on Dybala. Lo Celso and Fernandez would have made me content in replacing Eriksen.

Fernandes was/is a back up signing if we don't get Lo Celso he's not remotely comparable with Dybala. We had our choice of players and in the end we got the three Poch wanted at the start of the window (and a youngster) ... Dybala came up as a possible addition about three weeks ago, when we were doing the Tripps deal ... of course we were interested but it was an 'extra' not an instead off ... there are another half dozen players, very good players, that we could have signed in the end we got the three that we went after ... just wish we'd done it a bit quicker.

The only thing I wonder about this Dybala nonsense is if we could have brought in Bruno with Lo Celso if we hadn't been so focused on Dybala. Lo Celso and Fernandez would have made me content in replacing Eriksen.
They weren’t budging from the €70m euros and wanted most of it up front, not accepting the structured payments like every other club

Dybala's agents though...
"Our client is being sued for €40M because we fucked up his image rights and you may have to pick up the tab for that"

"OK, we'll sort that here's €3M for your troubles"

"We want €15M"...

Of course by next summer if/when we need to replace Eriksen, there will be 3 new hot talents whose names you do not know today that will be "must haves" to replace Eriksen.

2,043 pages for a transfer window is utter fucking nonsense.

We already replaced Eriksen with GLC, over the next few weeks we will try to sell Eriksen abroad. Levy is not going to throw away £50m when we have Dele, Lamela, Lo Celso and Ndombele in the squad. Everything is set for Eriksen to leave.

Having a mentally checked-out Eriksen sitting in the bench/stands is not going to help us. He needs to go and then in January maybe we can try and bring another big signing.

Back
Top Bottom