Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Okay, so its clear as clear in my opinion.

We need a forward who sits above Llorente in the pecking order and as a back-up to Kane.

We need 2 or 3 midfielders, with Eriksen uncommitted and doubts about Wanyama and Dier.

We need 2 or 3 defenders, with Alderweireld likely to go and our full backs not offering us the defensive protection or the creativity going forward.

Last edited:
Okay, so its clear as clear in my opinion.

We need a forward who sits above Llorente in the pecking order and as a back-up to Kane.

We need 2 or 3 midfielders, with Eriksen uncommitted and doubts about thr Wanyama and Dier.

We need 2 or 3 defenders, with Alderweireld likely to go and our full bscks not offering us the defensive protection or the creativity going forward.

we also need a new goalkeeper as Vorm is likely leaving. Preferably this one would qualify as a Home Grown player for UEFA competition purposes.

We can definitely upgrade upon our midfield 2 and Fullbacks. If Toby and Eriksen leave then that's 6 starting 11 quality players in? I trust Sanchez enough to step up but we still need another quality CB.

A lot of our depth is sellable unfortunately, definitely need to make improvements there too (by forcing current players onto the bench through competition for spots).

Tripps, Dier, Wanyama, Vinny, Llorente, Davies? (I like Ben - would keep), Lamela (injury prone unfortunately). Gonna have to be some tough decisions

Why?

Why not just promote an academy goalkeeper who'd be 3rd choice and never play?
Cos you might have to. Gazzaniga got in cos both Lloris and Vorm were injured, remember
I tend to think your best bet is actually what rhe chavs did. (at least in champions league terms), where they brought in Rob Green. Homegrown,,but not likely to be overawed if circumstances means he plays in a big match, which will only happen in an emergency

Cos you might have to. Gazzaniga got in cos both Lloris and Vorm were injured, remember
I tend to think your best bet is actually what rhe chavs did. (at least in champions league terms), where they brought in Rob Green. Homegrown,,but not likely to be overawed if circumstances means he plays in a big match, which will only happen in an emergency

It's ridiculously rare, let's be honest.

Not been discussed much, but if Eriksen is going to Real, I'd be more interested in James Rodriguez than Bale as part of the deal, still a very good footballer and would add some IQ and productivity to that attacking group.

Bale is an option - Modric no chance

My view on Bale is that football is no longer an incentive to him and that he would be a waste of some clubs'money and preferably not ours. Great talent but spent force.

Someone said James and actually as a replacement to Eriksen it would be interesting. Unlikely but would make us tick in the same way.

We will know quicker than summer if we are going to operate differently because the likes of City, United and Liverpool will get busy quickly and we need to be the same I feel.

A lot of players can be improved upon but not easily and any integration will take time so in many respects it's going to be a matter of Pochettino's ideas of development as much as the release of funds.

To deny him a start to phase 2 and after Wednesday would be really risky.

Anyone else here take a punt on Gundogun? Got one year left on his contract and he wants more playing time. Surely would give us more depth and title winning experience?

Anyone else here take a punt on Gundogun? Got one year left on his contract and he wants more playing time. Surely would give us more depth and title winning experience?

Not sure City would sell unless we paid well over the odds.

Last edited:
Would be a hell of a lift if we could announce some new contracts before the final
Interesting point... The flipside is that we have to be very careful about how to handle any new signings before the final, too.

I'm not alone in thinking there are obvious areas to improve in the squad - but June 1st is all about this team that has largely stayed the same over the last three seasons, and a swansong for anyone departing in the summer (whether being pushed out the door or seeking pastures new).

Back
Top Bottom