Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

According to CIES, we are committed to investing $170m from the 2019 transfer window, which is only €7m less than Man City spent. Nobody can have a moan about our goings on or the investment from the board this summer surely!

Figure 4: transfer fee investments by club (2019)

€ million

fig04.svg

According to CIES, we are committed to investing $170m from the 2019 transfer window, which is only €7m less than Man City spent. Nobody can have a moan about our goings on or the investment from the board this summer surely!

Figure 4: transfer fee investments by club (2019)

€ million

Boat already sailed mate. :dawsonlol:

And why Sporting played hardball over Bruno has become clear.

They are in over 25 million euros of debt to various agents and their firms.

I would have thought that would make them more open to negotiation with bonuses.

If the window to raise said fund is not up yet then you'd seek to maximise a key asset if you can....

Plus, if they end up selling in Jan for the same amount, then half a season of his services may also prove of significant value to the club.

Bale improves us big time.
He is the quality of player we are unable to sign and therefore don't see it happening unfortunately.

Seems like a pretty humble lad with a massive twat of an agent pulling the strings.
So far it's worked, and he has made an absolute fortune and won everything he could have dreamed of.
The lad still has at least 3-4 good seasons left in him. For 60mil and 300k per week - sound like a great marquee signing with a lot of commercial value. Expect it would be a huge boost for the dressing room too.

If the problem is he left us - sorry but you should probably get over that.
If the problem is his injury record - I would expect 30-40 games a season from him. Thats good for us.
If the problem is the salary - 300k isnt that bad compared with some players on bigger money. It would be a serious statement of intent.
If the problem is his age/resale - why? Every player eventually has a club that they either retire at or move on for negligible fees relatively.

Am I not right in thinking we all want us to be competing at the level of PSG, Utd, City, Madrid, Barca, Juva both financially and on the field? Rather us sign youngsters and convert them to world class and hope they 'dont do a Bale' on us? To be on that level we need to sign world class players. We aint getting close to signing anyone else near his level. Fuck off if you want to tell me that Lo Celso bloke is anywhere near Bales standards.

Personally I would love us to dominate world football with 100% academy products. Next best is to buy youngsters cheap and develop them into world class footballers. Reality is that simply wont happen unfortunately. Nor will Bale - but to suggest re signing him wouldn't be a huge benefit to the club seems ludicrous to me.

Bale says stop ( dice basta)

as8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom