Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It is the classic Spurs transfer window so far. A couple of early signings and then we will wait for deals in the last 2 weeks. Happens every year. It's fucking annoying though because it always leaves us short and having to play catch up later in the season.
And if us mere fans can see this, I’m pretty sure every chairman is wise to it and waiting for the low ball offer at the last Minute. Levy needs to shake it up a bit because he’s predictable and whatever we might save in fees, we lose in time to integrate the new lad(s). It comes across as false economy. Just get the full job done early for once and give the manager time to work with the new boys. It surely couldn’t do too much damage for one window and might even work in our favour.

We all know covid has had an affect on most people, but this constant poverty pleading is fucking boring.
When clubs like villa and Newcastle can and are willing to be positive in the market place in makes us look a laughing stock.
Levy can't keep getting away with taking fan's for mugs, sooner or later the protests will start.

Whilst I agree somewhat, would you want us to spend £33 million on a winger come striker from the championship? Seems a fuck of a lot. Doherty, Bergwijn, Hart all happened quickly. While unlikely, its not out of the realms of possibility we have a striker in this time next week. Saying that, I'll stick with what I said earlier, as it happens every year, and especially as we don't seem near to selling anyone, it will all be a last 2 week scramble in the window like normal.

Trying to come up with our best 2nd 11 and i have come to the conclusion Levy needs to get his hands in his pocket if we want to go deep in the EL and have a good start in the PL as well.

Whilst I agree somewhat, would you want us to spend £33 million on a winger come striker from the championship? Seems a fuck of a lot. Doherty, Bergwijn, Hart all happened quickly. While unlikely, its not out of the realms of possibility we have a striker in this time next week. Saying that, I'll stick with what I said earlier, as it happens every year, and especially as we don't seem near to selling anyone, it will all be a last 2 week scramble in the window like normal.
Fair enough mate but so far the signings have been underwhelming let's be honest, and should a club that is considered one of the top ten in Europe be scrambling around last knockings in a trolley dash down the cheap aisle.

The season start is only a few days away. Kane is fit and ready to play, whoever signs now isn't making the starting line-up. We don't necessarily want a striker to replace Kane but compliment and give him a break. Is it that terrible to go the first few games relying on Harry? Sure, he might get injured which might force our hand but we still have a window open once the season starts so all is not lost.

I do believe the club are working on signings but they seem to take us ages.

Last Season they managed to get Tanguy and Le Celso. Two huge signings... and Clarke, etc.

I think Milik could still be an option. Suarez seems to be going to Juve which leaves Milik looking for a different club. We’ve been linked for awhile. Wouldn’t surprise me if his name pops up again before the window closes.

Milik
Reguilon
CB

I think Milik could still be an option. Suarez seems to be going to Juve which leaves Milik looking for a different club. We’ve been linked for awhile. Wouldn’t surprise me if his name pops up again before the window closes.

Milik
Reguilon
CB

Think Milik will go Roma.

Milik
Reguilon
CB
To me that is or should be doable and would be a good window but the CB would have to be homegrown as i dont see us selling 3 foreign trained players.

Doherty, Hojberg and Hart were probably players Mourinho decided to buy based on his own knowledge, I pretty much doubt there was any work from our scouts to buy these players. So, there's nothing done by these clowns in the window and they will probably come up with some N'something guy that will prove to be shite in the end of the window.

Back
Top Bottom