Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Vacancy: Deputy Striker

Job description
You will be responsible for deputising as our main striker should Harry Kane ever be injured or the management decide he needs to take a rest.
Note: Should Harry decide he does not need to rest then his decision will override that of the management and he will play. We cannot afford to upset him whereas we will care very little for what you think.

Sounds like you?? Contact Daniel Levy now! The window of opportunity is closing fast.

He had two back to back knee injuries, but otherwise no long stints. So either his knees are now made of glass or he has knee ligaments of steel.

19/20Knee inflammationFeb 14, 2020Feb 19, 20205 days1
19/20Muscle InjuryNov 9, 2019Dec 8, 201929 days5
19/20Groin InjuryAug 15, 2019Sep 16, 201932 days3
17/18Knee InjurySep 24, 2017Mar 1, 2018158 days29
16/17Cruciate Ligament InjuryOct 9, 2016Feb 13, 2017127 days23
16/17RestJul 25, 2016Jul 28, 20163 days1
15/16Hip problemsOct 8, 2015Oct 26, 201518 days3
14/15Knee InjuryApr 2, 2015May 14, 201542 days5
14/15Thigh ProblemsMar 2, 2015Mar 9, 20157 days1
13/14Muscular problemsOct 24, 2013Oct 24, 20130 days-
13/14Hamstring InjurySep 12, 2013Sep 19, 20137 days2
13/14Muscular problemsAug 29, 2013Sep 12, 201314 days4
13/14groin strainJul 29, 2013Aug 12, 201314 days3
12/13InfluenzaApr 4, 2013Apr 8, 20134 days1

He's had ACL on BOTH knees.

I'd say thats a problem.

We will only make progress as a club when we stop fearing our shadow.

Only we seem worried about buying players for fear of our how it impacts on our other players.

Fcuking embarrassment.

Last edited:
Vacancy: Deputy Striker

Job description
You will be responsible for deputising as our main striker should Harry Kane ever be injured or the management decide he needs to take a rest.
Note: Should Harry decide he does not need to rest then his decision will override that of the management and he will play. We cannot afford to upset him whereas we will care very little for what you think.

Sounds like you?? Contact Daniel Levy now! The window of opportunity is closing fast.
[email protected]

No doubt when we do sign a striker, Kane becomes injury free for 6 months and the new signing doesn’t get a look in. Hassles for a move for playing time and the very next game, yep you guessed it.

Il be honest of all the striker links we've seen, I'm underwhelmed. Daka is the only one I think looks like he has real potential.

I would ideally like a striker who can play with Kane compete with him and be good enough when kane dosent start.

My biggest concern is that some of the players we been linked with ain't at the level to step up when they might not play for weeks on end especially when a being a striker is more about confidence than most.

Obviously I would still rather sign a striker than not.

On another note there genuinely seems a lot less strikers around than there were 10 years ago

I think I have talked myself into so many strikers that I never wanted this month that I am just happy to get anyone in at this point.

I think there are a ton of warm bodies out there but not a ton of good options that Levy would be willing to pay for.

I know times are tight but I think this could be a very important player for us now and going forward so I hope we splash out a little extra cash to get a proper player in here not just cheap out a bring in someone like King who can fill a role but not really improve the club.

I think the best and most likely route is to go with a younger guy trading experience for talent and potential.

Milik fits that concept just fine as a pacey off the back shoulder number 9.

I think the problem is that it doesn't fit Mourinho or Kane.

Kane has the skillset to be a second striker, but his world-destroying on form game doesn't account for the space of another line leader, he's just everywhere.

And when has Mourinho ever played with two true strikers?
Milik is not particularly pacey. He’s a kind of languid player. He kind of reminds me a little of a sort of cross between Pavlyuchenko/Berba. Definitely not as good as the latter, though.

Who the hell is Jules Bevis?

Jules-Bevis-Profile-Shot-1800x1202.jpg

Back
Top Bottom