Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Stupid question from a football simpleton.

Could Kane and Milik play in a 2?
I've never seen him play, but well-known football expert Wick E. Pedia says this of him....

Usually deployed as an out-and-out striker, Milik is a versatile and well-rounded left-footed forward who is also capable of playing off another forward as a second striker or as a winger, due to his ability to both score and create goals.

So I'm confidently saying that the answer to your question is most certainly yes

If they think they make their team much better than yes, but as mentioned I don't think they see much difference in Lewis and the greek LB, so if Lewis is 20 and the greek guy is 15 why not just go with the greek guy?

They have youngsters like Brewster coming up and Salah, Mane, Firmino and Origi already so if they think Werner costs too much then their is no need to overpay for him. They can get someone for their price next off season if they need to.

Thiago doesn't make much sense to me but that is because I really rate the player and see him as an upgrade on what they have.

They have shown in the past when there is a need they fill it. They don't cheap out, they don't wait to try and grind down the other guy, they spend record amounts to get Alisson and VVD, they pay what it takes to Keita and Fabinho in early before other teams get involved and drive up the prices.

Now they are not in a position of need so it is not surprising to see them acting differently.

Do you honestly think that if Liverpool had the same need for a back-up striker they would continually just ignore it and not sign anyone?

But that's exactly what we have done, Castagne to expensive, move on get Doherty. Quality CM too expensive - part ex for Hojbjerg. Why when they do it is it not cheaping out, but when we do it it's cheating out. I'mtalkin about the process here, not the actual players involved.

Do you honestly think that if Liverpool had the same need for a back-up striker they would continually just ignore it and not sign anyone?

That is exactly what they have done for the last 18 months. You think Klopp doesn't know he's got a problem if one of that front three - who he's been incredibly lucky with injury wise and who aren't getting younger - They were gagging for Werner, who would have been a really good fit for his quick transition attack - you think anyone in the Liverpool process is selling developing Brewster and keeping Origi as the smarter non cheaping out choice to Klopp ? Come on.

They didn't cheap out on fee when they had just sold Coutinho for a ludicrous 140m. All their other fees have been pretty reasonable. They have paid more wages though and that does help. But as that ramble piece shows, some of their chickens are coming home to roost now that COVID has kicked in.

Last 3/4 years, the players on their lists are smarter than on ours for sure, but the process isn't vastly different, just less manager input and more analytics maybe?

Last summer they bought fuck all, we spent 120m on three young, progressive, high potential players. Who was cheaping out and who wasn't last year?

Again, I'm talking about the process of actually doing deals, not the process of identifying, scouting and choosing who those deals are for.

Did you read the Swiss ramble piece?

Soon to be outbid by Burnley.
There is a great room for Levy to do his usual shithousery, as Milik wants to get a move to a top shelf club and would probably sign a new contract rather than move to this kind of team.
Just to cool some hopes, he's great and composed, but has the glorious ability to miss an empty net from 2 metres.

There is a great room for Levy to do his usual shithousery, as Milik wants to get a move to a top shelf club and would probably sign a new contract rather than move to this kind of team.
Just to cool some hopes, he's great and composed, but has the glorious ability to miss an empty net from 2 metres.
We're used to having players like that.

But that's exactly what we have done, Castagne to expensive, move on get Doherty. Quality CM too expensive - part ex for Hojbjerg. Why when they do it is it not cheaping out, but when we do it it's cheating out. I'mtalkin about the process here, not the actual players involved.

I have never complained about the process for Doherty, was impressed in fact with how they handled it.

If I didn’t have concerns about then trying to fit a bit of a square peg in a round hole, I also very much like the process of identifying PEH, working on getting the price to fit early in and getting him in.

I think not doing that with a striker has been a real issue.

I’m on my phone so will reply to the 2nd when home.

I've never seen him play, but well-known football expert Wick E. Pedia says this of him....

Usually deployed as an out-and-out striker, Milik is a versatile and well-rounded left-footed forward who is also capable of playing off another forward as a second striker or as a winger, due to his ability to both score and create goals.

So I'm confidently saying that the answer to your question is most certainly yes
Me neither but you had me at "out-and-out striker".

Create goals? He's got something like 5 assists in 4 years at Napoli?

Reports suggest their willing to sell him, worth a punt ?

I think he makes a ton of sense, based on his age and natural talent he has already shown but I think Liverpool will demand a buy back clause, if they would even sell him to us at all, and if that is case I would say no.

Back
Top Bottom