Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What, other clubs might not be signing all the players they want/need..........I thought I was told on TFC it was only Spurs !

"Their owner is worth 5.9 billion, he should just pump his own money into it, otherwise clearly no ambition"

Also:

Srivaddhanaprabha's yacht: 35 meter
Joe lewis' yacht: 68.2 meter

#noambition :levywhoa:

Bale can easily play CF..he has all the attributes to be a targetman

the only concern there would be that Kane's back-up is even more injury prone than Kane himself

Ignoring the fact that we should not have to play guys out of position to fill a back-up position and Bale is much better at other positions so reducing his effectiveness because we are too dumb/cheap to buy a striker is a terrible idea, I don't think that Bale is going to come here to play against the likes of Leyton Orient and Plodiv.

And if he isn't playing in those games then we still are left without a striker for those games and left to trying to force someone to play out of position again which we have seen is a terrible plan.

We have a game every three and a half days for the next few months, if you can't see that the squad is in dire need of a centre forward I don't know what to say.

Agreed on CB. I like Eric Dier but there seems to be a lot of misplaced faith his ability.

We have multiple games every season and we have Kane and Son so forgive me I don’t think a back up striker for the low end league cup and Europa league games is essential. Again the issue is the defensive side of things - thats the priority not a back up striker who will only start a handful of league games

I think that Bale is coming in. Gut feeling. Don’t think it’s the best idea and would go for an out and out CF instead which is clearly what Jose is screaming out for. I can’t see us doing Bale and a CF and have this nagging thought that Levy will wheel out Bale on deadline day as our saviour which would be another wide forward and another square peg in a round hole if/when Harry picks up an injury or has a drop in form.
:harrylol:

We have multiple games every season and we have Kane and Son so forgive me I don’t think a back up striker for the low end league cup and Europa league games is essential. Again the issue is the defensive side of things - thats the priority not a back up striker who will only start a handful of league games

So every single other team that has a back-up striker is doing it wrong then?

Is it our overwhelming success in Europe and Cups that has convinced you we should just keep going the way we have been or our amazing 6th place finish last year with Kane and Son and no true back-up striker?

"Their owner is worth 5.9 billion, he should just pump his own money into it, otherwise clearly no ambition"

Also:

Srivaddhanaprabha's yacht: 35 meter
Joe lewis' yacht: 68.2 meter

#noambition :levywhoa:

Good to see we now are justifying things based on a comparison with a club that has league finishes of 5-9-9-12 the last 4 years. I guess that is the level we are at now, no longer in competition with the other so-called big 6 teams.

This thread is hillarious, almost as bad as Twitter.

So many coping strategies in motion to avoid realising, that ENIC is fucking us over on something as basic as a a back up striker for cup and EL games.

Can't believe this internet thing is free

This thread is hillarious, almost as bad as Twitter.

So many coping strategies in motion to avoid realising, that ENIC is fucking us over on something as basic as a a back up striker for cup and EL games.

Can't believe this internet thing is free

well I'm glad we have the internet so I can read posts like this.

So every single other team that has a back-up striker is doing it wrong then?

Is it our overwhelming success in Europe and Cups that has convinced you we should just keep going the way we have been or our amazing 6th place finish last year with Kane and Son and no true back-up striker?

We have a back up striker in Son who can play that position. I would take him over Orgi or Lacazette or most other back up strikers in the league.

We finished 6th last season because we had one of the worst defensive records in the league. If we don’t address that we will never do anything. But no you are right what is really important is getting a striker to sit on the bench for most of the campaign clearly

What, other clubs might not be signing all the players they want/need..........I thought I was told on TFC it was only Spurs !

Pathetic from Brandon. Leicester lost Chilwell, but they bring Castagne from Atalanta. After that, the squad is the same.. They have Ricardo, Maddison,Vardy,Ndidi, Tielemans,Soyuncuru, Schmeichel, Evans, Perez... Their owner retain the same squad and key players...

We have a back up striker in Son who can play that position. I would take him over Orgi or Lacazette or most other back up strikers in the league.

We finished 6th last season because we had one of the worst defensive records in the league. If we don’t address that we will never do anything. But no you are right what is really important is getting a striker to sit on the bench for most of the campaign clearly

But Son is a starting winger for us so if we move him over then we have to weaken our side with his replacement.

Also Son as a back-up does nothing for us in Europa League or Cup games unless you think we should just ditch those.

Plus the biggest issue with our defense is that Jose prefers Dier and Davies, doesn’t matters what we bring in Jose isn’t dropping those two from the starting line-up so our defense will always be weak. Also doesn’t help that we didn’t bring in a DM to fill the DM role.

Good to see we now are justifying things based on a comparison with a club that has league finishes of 5-9-9-12 the last 4 years. I guess that is the level we are at now, no longer in competition with the other so-called big 6 teams.
Don't get me wrong, I believe we are a bigger club than Leicester.

However, I think it's fair to compare financial decision making given that we are both self sufficient clubs. So we are the same type of club in my opinion.

So regarding spending behavior I think it's fairer to compare us to clubs like Woolwich, Liverpool, Leicester and maybe Everton (even though I don't know enough about the financial involvement of their owner), rather than Chelsea and City.

For example, if all those clubs would have a net spend of 100 million and we only 30 million, then I would also think the "covid means we can't spend" saying is bullshit.

Signed no one and got to the final and finished top 4 when you said we were mid table
Hey Sammy, if standing pat in the summer was what got us to the top 4 and CL final that year then why were you calling for a striker in Jan '19. Surely, getting in a striker would have seen the 'standing pat plan' foiled. Feels like you keep playing this both ways to suit whichever narrative you're following at whichever particular time. As you are a paragon of probity (along with a few others) on this board I cannot fathom you would do something like this. Can you clear that up for us my man?

Not one BBC pundit out of 24 has us in their top 4.
Are we flying nicely under the radar or our days of making top 4 regularly behind us now?

I must admit I prefer it when we aren't expected to achieve anything.

You'd think somebody would have us in their top 4 as a dark horse.

Not one BBC pundit out of 24 has us in their top 4.
Are we flying nicely under the radar or our days of making top 4 regularly behind us now?

I must admit I prefer it when we aren't expected to achieve anything.

You'd think somebody would have us in their top 4 as a dark horse.
We were awful last season and so far we have done little to try and rectify it so I'm not surprised

Our hopes rest on favourable injury situations and the likes of Ndombele and sessegnon coming good , could happen but wouldn't put any money on it

Back
Top Bottom