Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe - but we won't know unless we sign him and give him a shot.

Let's not forget that Soldado was one of the deadliest strikers in Europe when we signed him. He went from scoring 102 goals across 4 seasons to scoring 16 in just two seasons at Spurs.

And who was providing the ammo? :townhmm:

I am not necessarily annoyed that we haven't signed a striker yet this window. On a per window basis there can be mitigating factors. I am fuming that we have not signed one for two years. It is not good enough for Levy to say "the fans don't realise how difficult it is" on his fluffy documentary. It is your job, so get on with it.
The levy Illuminati clan will burn you at the stake for this piece of information.

Maybe - but we won't know unless we sign him and give him a shot.

Let's not forget that Soldado was one of the deadliest strikers in Europe when we signed him. He went from scoring 102 goals across 4 seasons to scoring 16 in just two seasons at Spurs.

I was initially surprised by the drop off until I did more research on his style of play at Valencia. We just weren't that wing centric team he thrived in at Valencia. Man was lethal in the box when the ball was coming from wide positions, but he wasn't the type of striker that could create and be a focal point. AVBs style was slow and pondering and by the time Sherwood came in, Kane was his first choice. Timmy said, "And I looked at a kid on a training field against a £28m signing and I saw someone that was better than him. He scored in his first games".

I think that Bale is coming in. Gut feeling. Don’t think it’s the best idea and would go for an out and out CF instead which is clearly what Jose is screaming out for. I can’t see us doing Bale and a CF and have this nagging thought that Levy will wheel out Bale on deadline day as our saviour which would be another wide forward and another square peg in a round hole if/when Harry picks up an injury or has a drop in form.

I think that Bale is coming in. Gut feeling. Don’t think it’s the best idea and would go for an out and out CF instead which is clearly what Jose is screaming out for. I can’t see us doing Bale and a CF and have this nagging thought that Levy will wheel out Bale on deadline day as our saviour which would be another wide forward and another square peg in a round hole if/when Harry picks up an injury or has a drop in form.
I believe we will do a deal on deadline day. The board is known for not turning away from a deal at the last minute when clubs become desperate.

Might be Bale, might be someone else

Back
Top Bottom