Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm still waiting for Eddie Howe...

screenshot-2020-09-11-at-15-38-32.png

giphy.gif
The boys got more X’s than Family Fortunes

Of course we'll sign a striker.

In the managers own words, we only have one. Its inconceivable we embark on another season with just Harry Kane.

Now then. I'll play this game too. Find one single quote where I said we wouldn't sign a striker before the end of the window

:mourear:

I didnt say you did.... Your'e conflating this offer of a bet with another strain of conversation.... This bet was offered up earlier and re-extended to a few of my biggest fans thats all.

Feel free to prove that which you accused Me and 3 others of though....

Last edited:
Beats me.
They bought him for 32 million themselves, and now in a "covid fee reduced world" with 1 year left on his contract and surplus to requirements

ALSO they had a net spend of almost 150 million euro last year, so maybe they are somewhat pressed to sell to make up for it due to the pandemic

Guess we will see

I'm with you dude , but it has to be decent ,that could make the bench of a top 4 club which we inspire laughably to be. Not someone you have to Google or another piece of crap, journeyman , 10-year old prospect.

"Decent" is a grey area(*) considering were after a back-up.... (*See the last 1000 pages).

I've taken Deeney off the list..... Bet is there. Take it or leave it.

This is why you should never get excited about rumoured transfers, despite knowing better I got excited about the possibility of signing Daka and Reguilon and the idea thus club would start to show some actual ambition and desire to win.

Instead it will be the same old shit with us signing a meh Milik who doesn’t want to be here or Diallo who we shouldn’t want here. And running out duds like Davies, Dier and Moura in our starting 11.

The off season should be a time to build up excitement about the club but instead Spurs fans are left with the same mediocrity and desire to be as meh as possible from the club.

I think that Bale is coming in. Gut feeling. Don’t think it’s the best idea and would go for an out and out CF instead which is clearly what Jose is screaming out for. I can’t see us doing Bale and a CF and have this nagging thought that Levy will wheel out Bale on deadline day as our saviour which would be another wide forward and another square peg in a round hole if/when Harry picks up an injury or has a drop in form.
Bale can easily play CF..he has all the attributes to be a targetman

the only concern there would be that Kane's back-up is even more injury prone than Kane himself

Reliable Watford reporters reporting that Deeney is going to West Brom.

UdxFHgm.gif
Thats a bugger. Levy got a joblot of mugs and t shirts with Troy printed on them. (From the Brad Pitt movie, but who is gonna notice?)
If Deeney goes wba and with Parrott being on loan, they are gonna have stay in the lock up for another year

If he is good enough to sit on the bench of a top 4 team and come on , not a Levy two dime punt on a prayer.
Take it or leave it

......And how do you wish to calibrate "good enough"?

(You cant really; it's subjective.... hense the black & white terms to begin with.)

Except that he’s 31 and has never really played there. What you could have not needing a conventional 9 in the middle because you could used Bale’s aerial strength to ping balls into if needed a bit like Juve used to do with Manduzukic.
This. He’s 31 and has played all his career as a devastating powerhouse wide man.
Sonny “can play” number 9 but it’s not his natural
position. A very decent square peg in a round hole, but still a square peg in a round hole. We need someone to compete with Harry, not to fill in as a makeshift Harry.

No. I'm fed up. Fed up of our cunt of a chairman shafting us every bastard window. That lizardy fucking weasel has ripped my heart out for the last time.

LEVY FUCKING OUT

OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT OUT

GET OUT OF MY FUCKING CLUB YOU SPINELESS PIECE OF FUCKING ARSECACK.
Clearly some one hasn't had his head between the thighs of a chubby girl whilst she chokes him out for too long now. Cursed lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom