Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Assuming there are buyers at that kind of area of the market in the current market isn't the wisest.

Granted, cash flow won't be great at our end, but I don't think the sell-to-buy stuff is as strict as feared.... Both Jose and club did mention that there would be a modest kitty available.... Hart, PEH (Less KWP), Doherty, Reguillon + Bale on wages only still only clocks in at about £40m..... I guess how much further we stretch will depend on the cost of Mr ST2.

Think peeps need to get used to the fact that Jose like Lucas and values him more than they do..... Maura lasted 90m yet again on Sunday.

Non-HG is most simply remedied by Foyth & Gedson.
Yes he played 90 mins Sinday and did absolutely nothing. Again. I'd love to lose Gedson but have no idea if we can cancel the loan. I suspect if we could we would have already done so. Foyth leaving still means we are maxed out in Europe, we need to lose at least another 1 or 2 on top.

Lloris (Hart)
Doherty (Aurier) - Sanchez (Tanganga) - Toby (Dier) - Reguilon (Davies)
Hojbjerg (Sissoko) - Lo Celso (Winks)
Bale (Lucas) - Dele (Ndombele) - Son (Bergwijn)
Kane (Belotti/New ST)
And then we still have Lamela, Foyth, Sessegnon, Gedson as options.

I would loan Foyth to Leeds and Sessegnon to Ajax. And then see what we could get for Lamela.

This also doesn't even include a new CB (if we actually get one).

Quality depth on this squad if everything goes to plan.

As much as they get criticism (and rightly so), I'd happily take a bench that includes the likes of Aurier, Davies, Sissoko, and Winks. Hart not so much...

tenor.gif

Lloris (Hart)
Doherty (Aurier) - Sanchez (Tanganga) - Toby (Dier) - Reguilon (Davies)
Hojbjerg (Sissoko) - Lo Celso (Winks)
Bale (Lucas) - Dele (Ndombele) - Son (Bergwijn)
Kane (Belotti/New ST)
And then we still have Lamela, Foyth, Sessegnon, Gedson as options.

I would loan Foyth to Leeds and Sessegnon to Ajax. And then see what we could get for Lamela.

This also doesn't even include a new CB (if we actually get one).

Quality depth on this squad if everything goes to plan.
Lamela is finished - must be moved on like Rose

It's a wazzy it's a woozy.

Fuckin' fairy dust.

tenor.gif

On an actual transfer related note - I agree that it seems Fabrizio Romano is relatively out of the loop on this one. Great connections usually and I'd take his word as gospel on anything Serie A related (so Belotti or Milik news in our case) but he's not been tweeting out stuff that lines up right with this Bale story from the start.
Thing is he is not the first to say this, he is just copying what the Real tier 1 reporters were saying earlier in the day. It’s just usually when he copy’s something he’s followed it up and double checked it’s correct.

I believe him, very annoying but stinks of what happened with real and the Chinese team last year. Suckering us in making us think there’s a deal to be had then asking us to pay full whack now we’re advanced In negotiations.

Maybe even getting their own back for a few tricks levy might have pulled to get a world record fee out of them 7 years ago.

I want to be wrong but the hype has all been around what the agent has said and he obviously wants the move so he may be trying to add public pressure.

Doesn’t seem quite as close as we all would’ve hoped....

I trust Fab with most things, but I refuse to believe talks have got this far without wages being discussed. Madrid know no club will pay his full wage, and he only wants to go to Spurs.

The way I see it is they have an unhappy Bale who doesn’t want to be there and isn’t wanted there for £600k a week, or they allow Bale to go on loan, with a loan fee paid and get half his wages off the books.

Back
Top Bottom