Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I thought it was about 40m per year? With the 175m added up (doesn't it have to be paid back within 2 years?) that's a lot of money.
The stadium debt is tied up in bonds over 20-30 years at about 20 mil per year according to Alasdair Gold if memory serves me right. That's not a worry.

The 175 mil loan with the bank of England also had stupidly low interest and was renegotiable.

The stadium debt is tied up in bonds over 20-30 years at about 20 mil per year according to Alasdair Gold if memory serves me right. That's not a worry.

The 175 mil loan with the bank of England also had stupidly low interest and was renegotiable.
Pretty sure that's the interest no? 20m x 20 years = 400m, that's only 65% of the loan, no?

Yes I heard about the low interest rate on the 175m govt loan but wasn't that a relatively short term loan?

Just can’t see Lo Celso and Ndombele starting together.
It's possible. We won't play a traditional midfield 3, with one number 6 and two 8's - our structure is a 2 + 1. But Ndombele could play alongside Hojbjerg (instead of Winks), with Lo Celso ahead of them as a 10. By the way, we don't necessarily need to have a "first eleven" - we are still going to adapt according to the opposition.

I might be wrong, and I'm not going to go burrowing down that fucking rabbit hole now, but I'm sure the last time I looked the debt was going to cost something like an initial 43m pa, and decrease over the term. Now, maybe it's been restructured, but I'm pretty sure that was the figure I read. But that also doesn't take into account the increase in running costs of the new gaff either.

On the flip side, when it was up and running, it seemed like it was an absolute license to print money, and we'd easily cover that and have plenty of juice left over.

Ironic that it coincides with the only time in history that stadiums become unusable.

Someone is not impressed

tenor.gif
Why wuh wong face Wout Weghourst?

maxresdefault.jpg

I might be wrong, and I'm not going to go burrowing down that fucking rabbit hole now, but I'm sure the last time I looked the debt was going to cost something like an initial 43m pa, and decrease over the term. Now, maybe it's been restructured, but I'm pretty sure that was the figure I read. But that also doesn't take into account the increase in running costs of the new gaff either.

On the flip side, when it was up and running, it seemed like it was an absolute license to print money, and we'd easily cover that and have plenty of juice left over.

Ironic that it coincides with the only time in history that stadiums become unusable.

circa £17m pa interest on £637m bonds and bank loans

circa £17m pa interest on £637m bonds and bank loans

But that's just the interest, no?

Tottenham have a £637 million (€711.86m $808.33m) stadium debt and it has been estimated by a leading firm of football accountants that it will cost the club £47.8 million (€53.42m - $60.66m) a year to pay in interest and loan payments.

The £637 million figure is our loan facility from Bank of America Merrill Lynch, Goldman Sachs and HSBC. This is payable by 2022 and it is thought the interest rate was 3.5% originally, Bank of England changes may have changed that.

Paying back £637 million at 3.5% interest will cost about £22.3 million (€24.92m - $28.3m).

Paying back £637 over 25 years will cost about £25.5 million (€28.5m- $32.36m) a year.

Add the two together and you have your £47.8 million figure.

Each year we pay a piece of the debt, the repayment and the interest on it become smaller as we reduce the amount we still owe and therefore the cost of the interest.

Back
Top Bottom