Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

From above article, on the Everton match:

"At least one source close to the club says the result galvanised Levy into action. Within days, Spurs were in talks with Real Madrid over both Bale and Reguilon, their biggest double signing since Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa in 1978, and they stepped up their attempts to sign a new centre-forward and centre-half.

The abject display against the Toffees made it seem not only possible but probable that Spurs would miss out on Champions League football for a second consecutive season, delivering another hammer blow to Levy's careful curated long-term business plan. Suddenly, it became prudent to spend money to ensure Spurs would remain competitive."

Mourinho masterclass after all...

:mourlmao:
That's pretty sad if that's the case, what would have happened if we had won?

That's pretty sad if that's the case, what would have happened if we had won?
To believe that the result of just one match had such a dramatic and monumental reaction is somewhat stretching the imagination. "One source close to the club" yeah right.

That last sentence Suddenly, it became prudent to spend money to ensure Spurs would remain competitive." really takes the biscuit . This is Daniel Levy we are talking about here FFS
Look at who has come in and how much has been spent, hardly a knee jerk couldn't give a fuck shopping spree is it ??
:mourfacepalm:

To believe that the result of just one match had such a dramatic and monumental reaction is somewhat stretching the imagination. "One source close to the club" yeah right.

That last sentence Suddenly, it became prudent to spend money to ensure Spurs would remain competitive." really takes the biscuit . This is Daniel Levy we are talking about here FFS
Look at who has come in and how much has been spent, hardly a knee jerk couldn't give a fuck shopping spree is it ??
:mourfacepalm:
100 %
Now Utd taking Cavani on dead line day, when he's been up for grabs since January, is a knee jerk.

100 %
Now Utd taking Cavani on dead line day, when he's been up for grabs since January, is a knee jerk.

Exactly. It just doesn't add up does it ? We lose at home 0-1 and suddenly Daniel goes to Defcon 1 and decides to bring in people like Bale and Reguilon. It really is an insult to the obvious behind the scenes operations and hard work that has gone on in order to sign such players for the club, together with Doherty, Lo Celso, Hojbjerg and Vinicius.
Nah. doesn't fit Levy's profile at all, absolutely ridiculous storyline.

Last edited:
I hope we actually just wait till Jan and go for Skriniar then , i think we should be ok till Jan with Toby, Sanchez, Dire and Japhet, save the cash for him. I suspect if we get Rondon then Skriniar will not happen

Unfortunately, i think Skriniar will be like Dybala. Also, I doubt that we will sign someone in January. Maybe we will change Aurier but still doubt.

Though, an elite CB would be very, very cool in January or next summer. It's a must..

It’s the perfect time to hoover up a bit of lower league talent on the cheap.

Identify those clubs properly struggling financially and nip in and nick their best young players. Not as cuntish as it sounds, if we manage to get a few good youngsters on the cheap but give clubs enough cash to stay afloat. If you think of it in a certain way, we are actually doing them a favour!
tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom