Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I can't be the only one who wants to slap Dharmesh Sheth the moment he appears on screen...

Dharmesh-Sheth.jpg
On the head Benny Hill style ?

I'm unsure of what will happen if he doesn't lower his expectations. Unless he went on a free with low wages, no chairman would be interested because of the uncertainty of the market and his resale value.

After the Amazon doco, I doubt any manager would be happy with that sort of nonsense in the dressing room.

He is only 30 years old and didn't do terrible at the Barcodes. But I'm just not sure where he would fit in considering where the market is placed at presently.
Only one year left on his contract, right?

If there were some talks behind the scenes then maybe we'll end up terminating his contract by mutual consent and letting him go elsewhere. I'm sure we were initially hoping someone would pay a transfer or loan fee for him but wages off the books is probably the best we can get now.

Only one year left on his contract, right?

If there were some talks behind the scenes then maybe we'll end up terminating his contract by mutual consent and letting him go elsewhere. I'm sure we were initially hoping someone would pay a transfer or loan fee for him but wages off the books is probably the best we can get now.

Expires in June next year so under a year really. Depends if he wants to play this season or sit it out.

Must be difficult for him as well as any aging player really but he probably only has himself to blame.

Expires in June next year so under a year really. Depends if he wants to play this season or sit it out.

Must be difficult for him as well as any aging player really but he probably only has himself to blame.
Is his downfall one of the most sudden of any player in recent PL history?

Let's say he was £40-50m rated at his peak. Now we can't even shift on a loan deal only 3 years later.

Is his downfall one of the most sudden of any player in recent PL history?

Let's say he was £40-50m rated at his peak. Now we can't even shift on a loan deal only 3 years later.

Dele and Eriksen are probably up there if we're looking at value wise because they are in their primo years.

Danny is on the wrong side of 30 and playing hard to get whilst being hard to want. Very awkward situation.

Dele and Eriksen are probably up there if we're looking at value wise because they are in their primo years.

Danny is on the wrong side of 30 and playing hard to get whilst being hard to want. Very awkward situation.
Geez. You're not entirely wrong there which is a bit depressing.

I would say in Eriksen's defence that he was able to bring in £20m with only a year left while Danny boy is unsellable. I think he's been stitched up somewhat by Inter and would be decent elsewhere if someone took a punt on him now. Value has certainly fallen through the floor though.

It’s the perfect time to hoover up a bit of lower league talent on the cheap.

Identify those clubs properly struggling financially and nip in and nick their best young players. Not as cuntish as it sounds, if we manage to get a few good youngsters on the cheap but give clubs enough cash to stay afloat. If you think of it in a certain way, we are actually doing them a favour!

This is the first time that I can remember where some plum hasn't started the next transfer window thread before the current one has closed!

And before anyone points out that we can still buy from PL, Championship clubs and below so its not closed, Jim White has said its finished on Sky Sports News so it must be true.

Back
Top Bottom