Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sess and Foyth out on loan, Rose presumably banished, CCV probably out to an EFL club in coming days, maybe loans for Clarke and a couple of the academy boys?

Definitely smaller, maybe only Rose and Gaz that Mourinho would still like to see go. Can’t think of anyone else really, every other fit player has played.

What about the ugly players?

Had we been able to get a top CB this window would have been the most perfect window. I would have said we’re competing for the title.

I still think there’s a good chance we are, but I do wish at times like this Levy would put the pedal to the metal and push us over the line.

Whichever way this season should be a good one.

This is the first time that I can remember where some plum hasn't started the next transfer window thread before the current one has closed!

And before anyone points out that we can still buy from PL, Championship clubs and below so its not closed, Jim White has said its finished on Sky Sports News so it must be true.
Or posted about the players that are out of contract who we could still bring in.

s0002164.png

Agreed. Hard to be critical of course, but definitely feels like a top CB really was the final piece of the the puzzle as Jose called it.

Having said that, assuming Tangana's injury isn't serious, this does mean he should get some game time in Europa, which long-term is perhaps for the best given how promising he looks.

Plus, January's only 2 and a half months away, so if our defence is still bleeding goals, you'd hope the club decide to go all in on a top CB (given it seemed to be the consensus within the club that was the key position to upgrade). Alternatively, if our CB's start to gel, a top DM to replace Sissoko/Winks would be the other 'missing piece'. But other than that, I think our squad looks extremely exciting, and no reason even without any other additions that we can't compete on all fronts (which I don't think any of us have been confident of in a while).
Regarding Tanganga - we decided not to go for a new CB.

That’s fine, but I really wish Mourinho gives him serious playing time to develop him. No point in him being kept around if we are not going to take the risk, I personally thought he was good enough.

From above article, on the Everton match:

"At least one source close to the club says the result galvanised Levy into action. Within days, Spurs were in talks with Real Madrid over both Bale and Reguilon, their biggest double signing since Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa in 1978, and they stepped up their attempts to sign a new centre-forward and centre-half.

The abject display against the Toffees made it seem not only possible but probable that Spurs would miss out on Champions League football for a second consecutive season, delivering another hammer blow to Levy's careful curated long-term business plan. Suddenly, it became prudent to spend money to ensure Spurs would remain competitive."

Mourinho masterclass after all...

:mourlmao:
If that's true then its disappointing Levy still needs a mini crisis to be pushed into acting. Imagine if we hadn't lost to Everton, what then? :mourcheeks:

From above article, on the Everton match:

"At least one source close to the club says the result galvanised Levy into action. Within days, Spurs were in talks with Real Madrid over both Bale and Reguilon, their biggest double signing since Ossie Ardiles and Ricky Villa in 1978, and they stepped up their attempts to sign a new centre-forward and centre-half.

The abject display against the Toffees made it seem not only possible but probable that Spurs would miss out on Champions League football for a second consecutive season, delivering another hammer blow to Levy's careful curated long-term business plan. Suddenly, it became prudent to spend money to ensure Spurs would remain competitive."

Mourinho masterclass after all...

:mourlmao:
Apparently our 4-1 win over Liverpool at Wembley at a similar affect on Klopp - that they desperately needed a new CB and keeper.

Here's the figures for the window. Impressive :

£47.73m net spend.

CL qualification is worth in the region of £50m. We get top four and we're £3m up.

Back
Top Bottom