Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sorry if this has already been answered: but what's the status of the transfer window timing?

In the case of Ryan Fraser could we announce getting him on a free tomorrow? Would he play out the remaining matches for Bournemouth or could we just plonk him in training?

Like Bergwijn??
I think Bergwijn will be a good player for us but yeah you could use him as an example

We were crying out for an out and out striker and a DM in January to try and salvage the season and we ended up with neither but signed someone in a position we were not as desperate for

Oh yeah. Sorry, I forgot he was so special he earned a move to English giants Southampton.
It's one of those, where a manager has seen something in him that he feels he can develop and make something out of. During his time at Celtic, Rangers weren't in the league so he never got really tested.

Telling though that Celtic for all their domestic dominance only won one out of three trophies in Van Dijk's first season.

Second season reads better for Celtic stat, wise, only 17 goals conceded, but in an SPL without Hibs, Hearts and Rangers League cup was added to their winnings, but the Scottish cup went to ICT!

At no time did Van Dijk ever so much as win a player of the month award let alone player of the year.

VVD always had the raw attributes, but he was always a part of a larger cog.

It's one of those, where a manager has seen something in him that he feels he can develop and make something out of. During his time at Celtic, Rangers weren't in the league so he never got really tested.

Telling though that Celtic for all their domestic dominance only won one out of three trophies in Van Dijk's first season.

Second season reads better for Celtic stat, wise, only 17 goals conceded, but in an SPL without Hibs, Hearts and Rangers League cup was added to their winnings, but the Scottish cup went to ICT!

At no time did Van Dijk ever so much as win a player of the month award let alone player of the year.

VVD always had the raw attributes, but he was always a part of a larger cog.

Yes, he obviously had the raw materials to be a great centre back. Quick, strong, great in the air and reads the game well. Just needed a bigger platform.

But van Dijk wasn't 'SPECIAL' in the Scottish League on the same level as Larsson, Eduoard etc. like that guy was weirdly suggesting.

I think Bergwijn will be a good player for us but yeah you could use him as an example

We were crying out for an out and out striker and a DM in January to try and salvage the season and we ended up with neither but signed someone in a position we were not as desperate for
Apparently he was signed on the strength of his performance against us in the CL match at Wembey.

I really can't remember him doing anything. I remember in both legs our defence was shit scared of Lozano, but nothing of Bergwijn.

Yes, he obviously had the raw materials to be a great centre back. Quick, strong, great in the air and reads the game well. Just needed a bigger platform.

But van Dijk wasn't 'SPECIAL' in the Scottish League on the same level as Larsson, Eduoard etc. like that guy was weirdly suggesting.
You're totally correct, Liverpool play in a way that totally suits him and enhances his ability. Press Liverwank back and they aren't the same team.

Apparently he was signed on the strength of his performance against us in the CL match at Wembey.

I really can't remember him doing anything. I remember in both legs our defence was shit scared of Lozano, but nothing of Bergwijn.
Yeah all I remember from that home match was their keeper having a blinder , wasn't really impressed with any of their outfield players

Remember thinking how the hell are we losing to a team like this at about 80 mins in til kane stepped up

Yeah all I remember from that home match was their keeper having a blinder , wasn't really impressed with any of their outfield players

Remember thinking how the hell are we losing to a team like this at about 80 mins in til kane stepped up
We were losing because we couldn't push up to far as the only defender we had with pace was Sanchez and their tactic was to use Lozano and Bergwijn to keep us deep while up front, for the majority of the game our finishing was beyond woeful.

Sorry if this has already been answered: but what's the status of the transfer window timing?

In the case of Ryan Fraser could we announce getting him on a free tomorrow? Would he play out the remaining matches for Bournemouth or could we just plonk him in training?
Players can sign short contract extensions to the end of the season.
I think that means the rule that they can’t move between clubs outside the January window is still valid for players out of contract, but not sure about that.
Maybe he could sign on 1 July and be eligible for the last 6 games.

Players can sign short contract extensions to the end of the season.
I think that means the rule that they can’t move between clubs outside the January window is still valid for players out of contract, but not sure about that.
Maybe he could sign on 1 July and be eligible for the last 6 games.
PSG have already announced that Mauro Icardi's loan is being made permanent once the new Ligue 1 season starts.

But they are also in a league that has ended their season so it may be a bit different for leagues in Spain, England, Italy and Germany who want to finish their seasons first.

This is the lad who's agent spoke out about not being on the bench, yeh?

And they want £60 million for him. Unless Woolwich move on Lacazette and Abaumayang I cant see them affording that. Neither would we pay it in current circumstances. Liverpool are going to get Werner by the sounds of things. Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City will be his only options in England at the moment I reckon.

And they want £60 million for him. Unless Woolwich move on Lacazette and Abaumayang I cant see them affording that. Neither would we pay it in current circumstances. Liverpool are going to get Werner by the sounds of things. Man Utd, Chelsea or Man City will be his only options in England at the moment I reckon.

Question remains who can offer him a starting spot....

- I suspect Arse could lose one or both this window to avoid them leaving on a free (they're losing yet another in Ozil next summer as it is).
- United possibly if they'd prefer him ahead of Greenwood.
- Chavs would be silly to demote Abraham at this juncture, but you never can tell.
- City... When Aguero finally calls it a day, I don't think Jesus automatically gets the job, but would expect them to recruit a more established player.
- Liverpool, much like Arse; someone would need to leave otherwise again it's a life of rotation.

Let's see how much resolve he and his agent have on that front.

Back
Top Bottom