Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I know that we are hungry for a DOF and he just became available. But for goodness sake Daniel DO NOT EMPLOY CRAIG LEVEIN.

Looks a unit

I'm sold
As others have pointed out. He had a less than stellar stint with Watford a few years back. But players aren't static and can either improve or get worse.

He's had 2 decent seasons with Rennes now that he has been converted from a winger to a striker. So he should at least be worth looking at, even if I personally think that Edouard at Celtic is the one we should pay the money for.

And here are his goals from the 18-19 season:

As others have pointed out. He had a less than stellar stint with Watford a few years back. But players aren't static and can either improve or get worse.

He's had 2 decent seasons with Rennes now that he has been converted from a winger to a striker. So he should at least be worth looking at, even if I personally think that Edouard at Celtic is the one we should pay the money for.

And here are his goals from the 18-19 season:

A couple of penalties and one that hit him on the back of the head and went in, but some nice finishes as well. The best one seem to be cut in from the left and curl a right foot shot though, defenders will work that out pretty quickly.

Who is the right winger that kept setting him up? He looked lively.

A couple of penalties and one that hit him on the back of the head and went in, but some nice finishes as well. The best one seem to be cut in from the left and curl a right foot shot though, defenders will work that out pretty quickly.

Who is the right winger that kept setting him up? He looked lively.
During the 18-19 season that was Ismailla Sarr. Currently at Watford funnily enough.

I posted his 19-20 goals further up in this thread for comparisons sake.

Seem to be linked with every man and his dog recently, so refuse to believe anything until they are holding a Spurs shirt at the training ground.

However, out of every player we've been linked to, this is the one I'd want. Far too good for the Scottish league, best player up there by far. He's built for the Premier League and I think he'd do well at playing alongside/instead of Kane.

Spurs are interested in Edouard as a replacement/partner for Kane.

Surely you would have an idea what you wanted him as, either a partner or as a replacement? Because it leads to two very different formations.

Surely you would have an idea what you wanted him as, either a partner or as a replacement? Because it leads to two very different formations.
When they say replace, I see it as more of a fill in, not genuinely replace after selling.

When they say replace, I see it as more of a fill in, not genuinely replace after selling.
Also worth noting that the word replacement was first used by a Glasgow based paper.

It was probably just as much used just to hype up Odsonne some more.

They mean as a squad player who can both cover for Kane or play together with him.

Kane will not leave until summer 2021 at the earliest, no club in the world can afford to buy him right now.

Didnt do too well at Watford.

Absolute monster on FM12 though.

True. I do remember him giving our defence a torrid time though when we beat them 4 nil (when Dele scored that great goal). Sounds a funny thing to remember, maybe it was because of the FM thing that I kept an eye on him, but I remember him looking a pest. Saying that, he'd have had to improve markedly since then to be a worthwhile purchase.

Back
Top Bottom