Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not sure its that quite that, as he might not be fit for that match, but certainly if he doesn't play in the majority of the remaining matches, its going to become a big issue.

Cant see Spurs bringing in more than Hojbjerg (or alternative) at CM/DM without Ndombele moving and I don't see Barcelona or Madrid have much cash to make a sensible offer, so we probably cant afford to replace him. Stalemate if Ndombele wants to move on !
We're over a barrel with Ndombele. We can only hope he wants to have a successful career.
He is a millionaire already.

Cant see Spurs bringing in more than Hojbjerg (or alternative) at CM/DM without Ndombele moving and I don't see Barcelona or Madrid have much cash to make a sensible offer, so we probably cant afford to replace him.
I watched Hog and didn't notice him Friday. The stats said he did this and that.

Only thing we can do is support him really.

He's clearly got the talent - I'm just thinking back to the days where Dembele was regularly subbed off at half time during games or being a complete non-factor, his links away to Napoli etc. and just being glad we ended up sticking with him and his consistency eventually shining through.

And that was only after we had a system in place that allowed him to flourish - it's about finding a system where Ndombele flourishes. We've still yet to see him in a 433 with a true DM behind him. Which 10 months into the season is mind blowing to me.

[clears throat....]

Ummm... Weren't you just disputing this in the Eriksen thread?

What's more, weren't you saying that Dembele was merely not hellbent on being the best? ...Yet you refuse to entertain questions of Ndombele's mentality.

Feel free to clarify, but this all comes across as all sorts of inconsistent....

Gabriel - 25m
Hojbjerg - 20m

Would we even have money left for RB and ST?
If Verts leaves he absolutely needs to be replaced. Sanchez can't play on the left.
I think Sanchez gets sold and hopefully the dough we get goes towards a new RB.
Goalscorers we got-assisters we ain't got.

If Verts leaves he absolutely needs to be replaced. Sanchez can't play on the left.
I think Sanchez gets sold and hopefully the dough we get goes towards a new RB.
Goalscorers we got-assisters we ain't got.

Vert out/Gabriel In + Sanchez sold leaves us with one less CB than we started with.

Vert out - Gabriel in

LCB: Gabriel, Dier
RCB: Toby, Sanchez
(Tanganga able to fill-in at either spot when needed)

It'd be nice to replace Dier with another left-footed CB but that isn't realistic this window. If this ended up being our group of CBs, I'm ok with it. I'd trust our staff with Gabriel considering he's coming from Lille.

I don't anticipate bringing in a LB. I think Davies will continue to be our starter until Sessegnon is ready (if that actually ever happens). I don't recall what Jose has said regarding him playing LB or LW.

We all agree we need to address RB. There's been several names out there. I don't know which is most realistic tbh. It'll really just depend on our budget which is impossible to predict. Safe bet to expect lesser than you hope though.

what kind of 22 man squad would we honestly require at a minimum to get back to becoming an established top 4 team are we thinking?

Lloris
New RB
New CB
Alderweireld
Davies
New DM
Lo Celso
Ndombele
Bergwijn
Son
Kane

Gazzaniga
Aurier
Sanchez
Dier
Sessegnon
Winks
Sissoko
Dele
Lamela
Lucas
New FWD

3 for the starting XI, 1 for the 2nd string would we all be reasonably content with a 22 that shaped up like this moving forward? We’d still have the likes of Tanganga, Skipp, Clarke, Parrott to add depth etc.

Last edited:
Vert out/Gabriel In + Sanchez sold leaves us with one less CB than we started with.

1wg0hg.jpg

Back
Top Bottom