Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'd rather Willian or even Fraser, both free transfers this summer. Vasquez is almost 29 so 15 mill plus Real Madrid type wages doesn't make much sense. Plus Willian and Fraser are PL proven
I'd prefer someone like that too, but if Jose wants Vasquez, having already worked with both he and Willian, then I'm all for it.

We need players with the right guts and attitude.

When did Mourinho work with Vasquez?

Weve been linked with Vasquez under both Poch and Mourinho so I'd assume this is a Daniel Levy job.

Not really sure WHY we'd want him, but hey, I'll always back a signing if a manager wants him. Just like I'd grit my teeth and support Hojbjerg.

When did Mourinho work with Vasquez?

Weve been linked with Vasquez under both Poch and Mourinho so I'd assume this is a Daniel Levy job.

Not really sure WHY we'd want him, but hey, I'll always back a signing if a manager wants him. Just like I'd grit my teeth and support Hojbjerg.

It will just be his agent. Maybe the player wants to come to us. Doesn’t mean we want him. A bit like all the Fraser noise.

I’m kind of in this camp, just because I am resigned to the fact we are signing him. He makes a lot of tackles and ball recoveries and is better on the ball then sissoko.

We have no credible links to any other DM in Europe which is depressing. There are obviously lots of better options out there but none of them seem to have been noticed by our scouts.

Still holding out for one of those stealth deals that happen last minute kind of like Bergwijn. I’m surprised given the fact our chief scout is meant to be an expert on the french league that we aren’t linked with anyone better equipped but I guess if we are set on Højbjerg I will just have to support him and hope he elevated his game when surrounded by better players.
This is a bargain driven appointment. Many more to come I suspect. I know it's called "gossip" by the BBC website but it seems as though Chavs, Dippers, and plenty of other teams are chasing and prepared to pay for really exciting young prospects. Meanwhile we get the occasional mention about an inexperienced schoolboy or someone who has peaked. I don't see a lot of light at the end of the tunnel. If 50% of these other teams get 50% of their targets, once again. we'll be left behind as we were just a few years ago.
No point in having JM if you don't give him the talent. Levy might as well coach.
You can't make money and win trophies unless you're prepared to at least match other team's ambitions .
And our owners appear to be completely disinterested in this fact.

Poch has stated there is no bad blood between him and the club.

If he was managing, say, Newcastle, that would be one thing, but he's currently not managing a club.

To be with his son signing a new contract at the club he managed for 5.5 years seems like a great moment for them both regardless of how it ended.
Rumours of him going to Benfica.

Poch still wearing that Spurs merch.

Its' such a shame he couldn't take us to that next level - he's a bit like an upgraded version of Jol - made a lot of people really love this club again, feel connected and moved us up to a different level then we were before they were in charge but ultimately couldn't take us to the next step that was needed.
He loves us like we love him.

He'll be back one day. I just pray he fucks off to PSG and gobbles up trophies and a winning mentality. Then be ready for the moment the José show ends.

If everyone in this circus tent of a message board knows we don't need a winger, surely the club does as well, right? Right?

I'd rather Willian or even Fraser, both free transfers this summer. Vasquez is almost 29 so 15 mill plus Real Madrid type wages doesn't make much sense. Plus Willian and Fraser are PL proven
TBF, if I was a club trying to get a free transfer of Fraser and/or Willian over the line, then I'd probably leak some kind of transfer rumour exactly like the Vasquez one to put a little heat onto them and their agents.
:levyeyes:

I genuinely tough Barcelona was the club doing the worst business in the last seasons, then I saw we must be selling Ndombele to them to get Coutinho and changed my mind.

Pffttt....I'd need to watch him a bit more but I'd probably say no. Castagne looks a more composed footballer, but not exactly exciting. Bit of a kind of B grade Meuneir, and I didn't want Meunier.

Shame

IMO despite Aurier contributing a number of assists, my sense is that Sissoko (nominally a CM) has to spend some time covering his defensive lapses.

Result is we have 1.5 people playing RB........and 1.5 people playing at CM which is why its a weak spot for us.

So I'd really like to upgrade on Aurier as it would upgrade both RB and CM.

2 upgrades from one transfer......what more do you want !

Back
Top Bottom