Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No idea who we will get in, problem is the market is all to ratshit. In a normal transfer period i genuinely think we could see Dele, N'dombele, Moura, Aurier, Foyth, KWP, and Clarke be sold. That would give us a decent fund to properly rebuild the defensive side of the team. Although how many of those we could get a decent fee for now is anyone's guess. Going to be a very interesting summer to see what and how many deals are done at all. Could be that lots of swaps is the way to go.

Like a new signing

:pochcry:

Poch still wearing that Spurs merch.

Its' such a shame he couldn't take us to that next level - he's a bit like an upgraded version of Jol - made a lot of people really love this club again, feel connected and moved us up to a different level then we were before they were in charge but ultimately couldn't take us to the next step that was needed.

Poch still wearing that Spurs merch.

Its' such a shame he couldn't take us to that next level - he's a bit like an upgraded version of Jol - made a lot of people really love this club again, feel connected and moved us up to a different level then we were before they were in charge but ultimately couldn't take us to the next step that was needed.
We still sign his checks

:pochunimpressed:

Must be a little awkward but fair play to both of them. Poch is looking good! Football management must take a fair amount out of you.
Poch has stated there is no bad blood between him and the club.

If he was managing, say, Newcastle, that would be one thing, but he's currently not managing a club.

To be with his son signing a new contract at the club he managed for 5.5 years seems like a great moment for them both regardless of how it ended.

Poch has stated there is no bad blood between him and the club.

If he was managing, say, Newcastle, that would be one thing, but he's currently not managing a club.

To be with his son signing a new contract at the club he managed for 5.5 years seems like a great moment for them both regardless of how it ended.
Didn't he say that he talks to Levy on the regular still because they are mates outside of work or something like that.

I don't think the bridges are burned as some might think.

For those wanting to spend 'big' money, worth looking at the 10 players Spurs have paid most for :

Ndombele £54m
Lo Celso £41m
Sanchez £36m
Sissoko £31m
Soldado £27m
Lamela £27m
Son £27m
Bergwijn £27m
Moura £26m
Sessegnon £24m (and Aurier the same)

Of those :
- Ndombele and Sessegnon, we are still waiting to see what they can do in our colours.
- Aurier,, Moura, Sissoko and Lamela I had hoped for more from their careers at Spurs, given the amounts we paid for them. No surprise to hear they are frequently on lists of players to sell.
- Soldado sadly a damp squib - just couldn't score
- Sanchez is turning out to be a solid player for us, might quibble about the price.
- Son and Lo Celso have fully justified their fees, whilst Bergwijn looking promising from the limited appearances he's made for us.

Overall, not sure Spurs have done well with players costing much more than £20m

Possibly good news that many of the players we will be buying this summer will be around that £20m mark (even if cash plus players deal) ?!
Perhaps Levy should start a GoFundMe page.

As sad as Barcelona having to swap a 23 year old playmaker for a 29 year old player playmaker from Juventus and 10m, just to get by.......and Juventus in real trouble already as more than half the team the wrong side of 30, so they need younger, not older players.

Only thing Spurs need to do but cant is to swap fans who have only lived in their mum's basements with fans who know the real world.

But otherwise Spurs will do just fine - we are not in 3rd division despite some 'fans' thinking we must be
Poll incoming. " Who lives in their mother's basement?"

Van der Vaart never got more than 7 goals in a season for Madrid.

If Jose knows the player well and it's a goer, I'm all for it.

I'd rather Willian or even Fraser, both free transfers this summer. Vasquez is almost 29 so 15 mill plus Real Madrid type wages doesn't make much sense. Plus Willian and Fraser are PL proven

As was Trippier with Burnley.

As was Sessengon with Fulham.

.....Can anyone tell me what Norwich game I should watch if I'm to be seduced by the allure of Aarons?
With you 100% on this. I've watched and watched and waited but compared to Lewis. he's a busy bee, running around, looking good but in actuality, accomplishing very little. I just don't understand the hype.

With you 100% on this. I've watched and watched and waited but compared to Lewis. he's a busy bee, running around, looking good but in actuality, accomplishing very little. I just don't understand the hype.
Agreed. I don't honestly see a big difference between him and KWP except KWP is probably a better dribbler and Aarons is a little more physical.

I like Aarons. He has pace, he can run up and down the right side all day, decent with the ball. All that's missing is some defensive nous but he will gain that the more he plays. I thought he was excellent in the championship

Most names being suggested for right back are young and play abroad. We can't be sure any of them are ready to play in the PL. They will also need time to adapt. I'm sure Mourinho will want to buy experience and that's why we were strongly linked with Meunier and imo if he doesn't get the experience he will just keep Aurier
I know I keep saying this and I'm sorry to be boring but....Baldock, is exactly the type of RB for us imo.

Back
Top Bottom