Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's a reason Norwich are bottom. Leaking goals.

It's not always just because of the defenders though. The managers tactics, how he trains the team to defend individually and as a group, the protection in front of the back 4 are also important factors. Look how we are crying out for a defensive midfielder or two who can replace what Wanyama and Dembele did for our defence and results a few years ago

It's not always just because of the defenders though. The managers tactics, how he trains the team to defend individually and as a group, the protection in front of the back 4 are also important factors. Look how we are crying out for a defensive midfielder or two who can replace what Wanyama and Dembele did for our defence and results a few years ago

Wanyama and Dembele made Walker and Rose look like world class fullbacks

I may get slated for this but here goes...
I think in terms of talent, Dele is the best English midfielder, and he was at one point in the top 2 or 3 midfielders in the PL; the potential was huge.
There is something very wrong somewhere - he reminds me a bit of Gazza, that there is stuff going on in his head, there is something mentally that is holding him back.
He's been doing stupid things like the covid joke on social media, that's very Gazza like.
In the past big clubs would be willing to tolerate the fact that a lot of the most naturally gifted players come with baggage, but not anymore.
It sounds crazy that Spurs may now struggle to command £40million for him.
If Kane does leave, it may be worth retaining Dele and actually trying to build the side around him - he is really that talented, if someone can sort out what is holding him back mentally it could be like making a £150million signing. Unlike Gazza, Dele has not self-destructed in a career-threatening way and should be hitting his peak years.
Building a team around Dele? Nope...... Lo Celso though let him establish himself and we’ve got something.

What’s everyone’s thoughts on Chalobah at Watford?

Not seen enough of him to form an opinion yet and would obviously need a good wash given his Chelsea routes, but has seemed like a solid enough DM whenever I’ve watched

I think Aarons looks a good prospect. Easy to be sniffy because he is playing in a crap team and isnt a glamour name but you could have said the same for Robertson at Hull.

one of the last home games before lockdown against them in the cup I was keeping a keen eye on him given we’d been so heavily linked and I’d hardly seen him.
Just went back to look at post match WhatsApps: very impressed with his defensive positioning (lots of blocks and interceptions) and general work rate.
Appreciate in some of the recent games he’s been pony but I definitely see him as an upgrade.

however, for many on here my opinions on right backs should come with a warning that I genuinely believe KWP is better than Aurier

one of the last home games before lockdown against them in the cup I was keeping a keen eye on him given we’d been so heavily linked and I’d hardly seen him.
Just went back to look at post match WhatsApps: very impressed with his defensive positioning (lots of blocks and interceptions) and general work rate.
Appreciate in some of the recent games he’s been pony but I definitely see him as an upgrade.

however, for many on here my opinions on right backs should come with a warning that I genuinely believe KWP is better than Aurier
To be fair mate a fucking mountain Goat would be an upgrade from Aurier!

Don't want to walk in with too much doom and gloom but I think we need to brace for a transfer window that matches this season, fucking miserable. I can see us getting another pointless loan signing of a player nobody has really heard of again (Gedson Fernandes all over again). More than likely a cheap defensive option that doesn't really fulfil anything in particular we need. All this followed by a statement from Levy about there being no money and from Jose saying this squad is good enough. All of which is total bollocks and will see us drop and continue to sit as a mid table team. While Jose gets what he wants, to revel in the limelight and his ego is the biggest thing at the club. This squad is broken and needs to be started again, we need a dynamic manager that will find that solution. All of which wont happen this summer or next season. Levy won't react until ticket sales drop in his precious shiney new stadium as money matters. Sorry just opinion as a realist!

Like for like moves outs and ins of the squad:

Dele - Grealish
Lamela - Eze
Lucas - Saint-Maximin
Sessegnon - Benrahma
Ndombele - Milinkovic-Savic
Sissoko - Hojbjerg
Aurier - Aarons
Walker-Peters - Castagne
Sanchez - try out a new fella that the gaffer fancies.

9 players out and in right there, make half of those happen and I’d be very happy with would be steps in a far more positive direction.

Last edited:
Zlatan as backup for Kane. On a free.

Loan Parrott for a year to a team of grown ups where he will play.

Winning mentality, knows Mourinho, impact sub.

The rumour however is that he's going home to Sweden to play for the team that he owns 25% of.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom