Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hi, I am a Rangers fan but also a Tottenham fan (yeah two teams that are winning arse all is fun!)

I just thought I’d clear this up - we utterly do not want rid of Barisic. He’s such an important player to us and the way we play. Probably end up being our POTY.

however up here at Rangers (and all the other clubs up here) sadly our business model is to buy cheap, develop and sell on at a profit, because we can no longer compete with the fees in other leagues.

he is our most profitable asset so selling him could generate funds for 3 players in order to strengthen our squad. I hope we don’t sell him to anyone.

so essentially we don’t want rid because he is crap, we just know we may have to sacrifice him
That is our policy as well buy cheap sell on for profit same business model.

We have 5 months to buy some players.

I have a feeling Levy will still be running around on August 31st.

Let's hope we are near to Play As Usual by then for starters.

Levy needs to find a better mix between striking a good deal and helping his managers build a capable squad. No doubt about that.

But he must also be assisted by a manager who has strong and clear ideas about the quality and type of players he needs to achieve that aim in a style ir fashion that brings success. No less important.

Last edited:
We have 5 months to buy some players.

I have a feeling Levy will still be running around on August 31st.

I thought 5 months to buy players initially too.

But I'm now thinking that there will be few if any transfers until its agreed where we are with this seasons PL matches - and that might not be confirmed until say end of May (if its agreed to squeeze all remaining matches into being played in June - and on 30 June a number of players contracts end so that probably has to be last date on which matches can be played).

So it might be another 6 - 8 weeks before any transfer action, but that timescale will change with decisions taken about this seasons Pl matches

I want one of these

Declan Rice and Martin de Roon it is BC. Hope you're happy. Even doubled your desires.

Back
Top Bottom