Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I reckon Levy and his inner circle want Aarons, we have been linked with him for a couple of years now, but Jose wants Celik. The compromise might be Castagne

Who exactly is the mystical "inner circle"?

....This isnt some Harry Potter knock-off for fucks sake.

Chairman/Head Scout/Manager.... It's a pretty damn standard set-up.

Last edited:
It does have that familar feel of absolutely nothing happenning. Problem is we need players in the next week or two to bed in before our horrendous fixture schedule mid September to mid October. I have pretty much zero confidence we'll add anyone before the season starts, certainly no one that will make a major difference.

Yep. We’ve all been here before. We’ll be lucky if there’s any signings before the last couple of weeks of the window now.

iu

Ah you acknowledge that he did well in the CL, good to know.
I already explained to you multiple times, asking the same question over and over again isn't going to bring about a different result.

Always said Poch did well, he still failed though.

I’m still not getting an answer.
Spending big buys tactics and saves and goals to you?
Do you think City haven’t spent enough with regards to their pathetic CL campaigns?

I see, so when Liverpool bought Allison they didnt expect him to save more goals?
Yes but his saves were not a pre packaged deal which they bought.
You still have to coach a player and fit him into your system.

Are you suggesting that City didn’t buy enough saves to be good in Europe?
hahah this place is fucking odd.

Again, in the CL, have City not spent enough?
Is Ederson only expensive enough for the PL?

Always said Poch did well, he still failed though.

I’m still not getting an answer.
Spending big buys tactics and saves and goals to you?
Do you think City haven’t spent enough with regards to their pathetic CL campaigns?

Seems pretty obvious to me. In the CL they have to compete with the other teams who also spend billions on players. Sure, you get the Cinderella stories like us, Ajax and OL who squeak through, but it’s big money clubs winning year after year.

The money virtually guarantees them a shot at it, and once they get there they’ve messed it up. I don’t know why this matters to us on a Spurs forum, but here we are.

Back
Top Bottom