Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gonzalez and Thuram linked. Which wingers are we selling?
Surely Lamela and Bergwijn/Lucas. Or is one because they know Bale isn't coming back?
I'd like to see Bergwijn under a manager who will actually set us up to attack, I know he hasn't been great to date but I do feel there could be a player there.

Lamela is perma-crocked, would make sense for him to go, and Lucas' limitations are clear, could easily see either/both moved on

imo
Dier should be in Tier 1 and Lucas definitely doesn't deserve to be in Tier 3.
Love it made chuckle hopefully those tiers are better than the government tiers and we don’t end up in tears with most still here. That squad beginning of 20/21 season everyone including pundits/ media said it was top 4. We know how that went Dino man in charge. For me we need to one RB prbly Doh if Aurier wants to leave. Defo sell players in T1 and some from T2. We need to keep all our new siginings and the on loan players coming back. I can’t see how DOF starting July plus new manager ETA TBC we can have mass outs/in without their being serious disruption plus euros will delay squad getting back. I’d keep Lucas out him and lamela as his hardly injured and can provide some attacking burst. Think one top quality CM using money from. winksissoko sale and RB and CB from other sales. Get our defence solid will give us a much better base for midfield and forwards without them all having to come back and defend deep. Good coach tactics and players playing with intent and we could still get back pre Dino league positions.

Surely Lamela and Bergwijn/Lucas. Or is one because they know Bale isn't coming back?

Don't Gonzalez and Thuram both mainly play on the left? As well as Son and Bergwijn also preferring to play on the left?

I know many guys can play either side but I assume for many one side is preferred over the other. I believe a lot of the talk with Bergwijns struggles were that he was playing on his "off" side.

Utlimately I would like to see anyone brought in to replace Lamela and Moura and we can work out who plays where after. I also think that Gonzalez or Thuram might be used in the middle, especially in the 2nd string as well so they would still have value as bench players, although that is a lot for Levy to spend on depth.

Don't Gonzalez and Thuram both mainly play on the left? As well as Son and Bergwijn also preferring to play on the left?

I know many guys can play either side but I assume for many one side is preferred over the other. I believe a lot of the talk with Bergwijns struggles were that he was playing on his "off" side.
It's amazing to watch old videos of Son at Leverkusen where he is the exact same player we know now, except mirror-flipped onto the other side of the field.

Extraordinary two-footedness, which is a key part of why he's such a nightmare to defend.

Based on media reports, looks like Levy and Paratici's plan looks something like this:

FB:
OUT: Aurier (10M) & Foyth (13M)
IN: Celik (13M) & Sessegnon

CB:
OUT: Sanchez (15M) & Dier (13M) & Carter Vickers (5M)
IN: Demiral (25M) & Andersen (20M)

CM:
OUT: Winks (15M) & Sissoko (1M)
IN: Skipp

AM:
OUT: Lucas (7M) & Lamela (5M) & Edwards (5M)
IN: Bale & Thuram (30M)

Net Spend: £5M

I think Lamela is definitely gone. I'm doubting we bring Bale back. Lucas will be gone if somebody offers 15-20m. Unsure on Bergwijn, I think he could be good under Fonseca but I could see us selling if we're offered 20m+ and Patrici wants to put his own stamp on the squad.

Gonzalez can play as a second striker, a bit as a 10, LW and RW. Thuram primarily as a LW but also as a striker. I've not seen him play RW but apparently he can.

I think Lamela is definitely gone. I'm doubting we bring Bale back. Lucas will be gone if somebody offers 15-20m. Unsure on Bergwijn, I think he could be good under Fonseca but I could see us selling if we're offered 20m+ and Patrici wants to put his own stamp on the squad.

Gonzalez can play as a second striker, a bit as a 10, LW and RW. Thuram primarily as a LW but also as a striker. I've not seen him play RW but apparently he can.
If Bale was going to leave, then why haven’t we been linked with a RW at all?
We passed up on Buendia too.

If Bale was going to leave, then why haven’t we been linked with a RW at all?
We passed up on Buendia too.
I don't know. The intention could be to play new signing Gonzalez/Thuram or Bergwijn at RW.

Thuram played there twice this year and scored three goals over the two games. Gonzalez mostly played on the left or through the middle, but his skillet is well suited to RW, as a left footer cutting in. Most games Stuttgart either didn't play with a standard RW, or when they did it was Wamangituka. ((It was hard enough to learn one name for the guy)).

I think Bale stays with Madrid for the year.

And it appears as though Fonseca has strong faith in the players he previously worked with.

According to La Repubblica, Fonseca has three players in mind at Roma who he wants to try and sign at Tottenham.

It is claimed that Gonzalo Villar, Gianluca Mancini and Roma captain Lorenzo Pellegrini are all on his wishlist.

But all three Roma stars are said to be 'unattainable goals', suggesting Fonseca will struggle to bring them in.

And so it starts, poor bastard hasn't even started the job yet and his arm has been chopped off already.

I don't know any of those players; but perhaps they're not for sale? ...Perhaps Jose wants to keep them? ...Perhaps they want to stay?

This place is insane! Rumored new manager hasn't even signed yet and the trauma hounds are crying he's been screwed over. Same; we had the majority calling for a DOF for a number of years.... We get one and already he's being called a stooge and a fall guy.... Let it breath and see how it plays out for fucks sake!

Last edited:
imo
Dier should be in Tier 1 and Lucas definitely doesn't deserve to be in Tier 3.

Age isn't on Lucas's side, but no urgency to get rid of him without a good price as he can mash-up the conference league with the young'ns and the newbies.. We'll still need a squad.

Based on media reports, looks like Levy and Paratici's plan looks something like this:

FB:

CB:

CM:

AM:

Very clever.
Those figures are quite realistic in total, not so sure individually.

FB:

CB:

CM:

AM:

2 of that Turkey back 4???? ...Yikes! :lamelashock:

I know that it is mainly a puff piece. But I did like that Levy outright stated in his recent video interview that there are players at the club that have been told to look for new clubs.

Feels like a much more firm stance than what we usually take on selling players.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom