Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can't believe we had Walker .
We will give Kane this summer , Son after and Tanguy in 2 years :mourglasses:.

Last edited:
We need a world class CB, a better RB and box-to-box midfielder in the same ilk as Gundogan. Overhauling a team has never worked (look at Chelsea) so we need to buy quality over quantity. Lamela, one of Sissoko or Winks, one of our RB, one CB, CCV, and Rose can all be sold.

Sevilla signed 15 players in one summer, 2019, and got rid of almost as much

Why isn't it possible for us to get rid of at least 10 players in one window? I'd like to believe we can do it
It is possible. Bale and Vinicius wont be renewed, Rose out of contract and probably Gazzaniga this or next window. Last year of contract Aurier and Lamela, they have to go for whatever we can get. I'd add Sanchez, Sissoko and Moura but thats where it gets tricky as Levy will want his pound of flesh which no one will give due to covid/no fans.

Match not open for the public , no international U23,21,18 competitions, Frontlines almost closed , less money from the weak clubs to buy our players (Rose , Lamela , Moura , ...)
Good luck to find the good players :mourpointlaugh:.

Why isn't it possible for us to get rid of at least 10 players in one window? I'd like to believe we can do it

There is a global pandemic and no normal club has any money. You can't just get rid of 10 players by clicking your fingers. We have been trying for years to sell players like Rose and he is still here.

It was hard enough to sell our lesser players before the pandemic, now it's almost impossible. Players like Ozil and others are having to terminate their contracts to get out, we cannot afford to pay players to leave. Who is going to buy Davinson? Who is going to buy Lucas? Who is going to buy Aurier?

It is possible. Bale and Vinicius wont be renewed, Rose out of contract and probably Gazzaniga this or next window. Last year of contract Aurier and Lamela, they have to go for whatever we can get. I'd add Sanchez, Sissoko and Moura but thats where it gets tricky as Levy will want his pound of flesh which no one will give due to covid/no fans.
And that is Levy's biggest problem, demanding unrealistic money for our unwanted players, it took him 3 fucking years to offload Nkoudou and Janssen

There is a global pandemic and no normal club has any money. You can't just get rid of 10 players by clicking your fingers. We have been trying for years to sell players like Rose and he is still here.

It was hard enough to sell our lesser players before the pandemic, now it's almost impossible. Players like Ozil and others are having to terminate their contracts to get out, we cannot afford to pay players to leave. Who is going to buy Davinson? Who is going to buy Lucas? Who is going to buy Aurier?
Milan and Leverkusen were willing to pay 15m for Aurier last summer, Levy wanted 25, Barcelona were willing to play 35m for Lucas in summer 2019, Levy wanted 45m

The problem is Levy demanding silly money

Milan and Leverkusen were willing to pay 15m for Aurier last summer, Levy wanted 25, Barcelona were willing to play 35m for Lucas in summer 2019, Levy wanted 45m

The problem is Levy demanding silly money

I don't disagree but the past is the past. We live in the here and now and nobody is going to give us hard cash for our squad players.

I don't disagree but the past is the past. We live in the here and now and nobody is going to give us hard cash for our squad players.
Lets be realistic, most of our squad/unwanted players have very low valuations

Sissoko is worth no more than 5m, Lamela 8-10m, Lucas 10-12m, Dele 20m, Aurier 10m, Dier and Davies 15m, Winks 20m, Sanchez 15-18m,

Levy would demand 2x to 3x of those valuations

On paper we have good depth and a strong team, the only weakness is our defence and we do need a CB upgrade but this is a better squad than West Ham, Leicester and on par with United. I except a fully fit Liverpool and Man City are better. This should at least be enough for top 4.

Our main strength is in attack but we have a manager who seems unable to use it. Instead we sit back in defence (our weakest part) and hope the defence can hold out for 90 mins. To play how Mourinho wants we would need a world class back line, instead we have a world class attack. The team is a very good one but not one suited to Mourinho so either he adapts to the team or he leaves.

Team 1

Lloris
Aurier Toby Dier Regulion
Ndombele PEH Lo Celso
Bergwijn Kane Son

Team 2

Hart
Doherty Sanchez Rodon Davies
Sissoko Winks Dele/Lamela
Bale Vinnie Lucas
I don't care about on paper. Most of those players are fucking useless. Everyone in bold needs to go and some of those not in bold need to work to stay,
It doesn't matter if we have prime Kane and Son - almost every one behind them is cack. I can't actually stomach seeing some of them anymore.

Wtf is this. Have we given up and thrown in the towell for January then?
Of course we have. We'd given up before the window started.

We have an over blown squad with a lot of average players that nobody wants to buy. Covid not helping either.

We have serious HG issues, so we need to buy "British", whist at the same time keeping our HG players.

No doubt this is all Levy's fault
:adethumbup:

Lets be realistic, most of our squad/unwanted players have very low valuations

Sissoko is worth no more than 5m, Lamela 8-10m, Lucas 10-12m, Dele 20m, Aurier 10m, Dier and Davies 15m, Winks 20m, Sanchez 15-18m,

Levy would demand 2x to 3x of those valuations
We'd be lucky to sell 2 or 3 of those players. No chance of any 'clearout' this summer it doesn't work like that.

Players have to want to leave, the clubs have to agree a fee, agents have to be paid, salaries and bonuses negotiated, image rights, commercial fees etc. It's a lot harder selling players than people believe at any club and especially Spurs as Levy is notoriously difficult to deal with.

I'd love to see this clearout and rebuild work happen in 1 summer but it won't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom