Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't agree. He's been staggeringly mediocre imo. Waste of money.
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

Our midfield will make many a centre back look shit

Not saying Dier & Sanchez arent useless because ofcourse they are

But we are going nowhere until we sort out the unbalanced mess that our midfield has become

I 100% agree. Yet it looks to me like we are going to ignore it once again. I swear the majority of our problems are caused by our substandard midfield.

I 100% agree. Yet it looks to me like we are going to ignore it once again. I swear the majority of our problems are caused by our substandard midfield.
yeah people seem to think a couple of somewhat competent CBs are going to transform our fortunes

I don't see it

We need to find balance according to whatever system/formation we end up playing.... it might be that we need to buy a 'missing piece' for the puzzle but PEH/Skipp/Gio/Ndom isn't a crap pool to pick from in itself.

There's been plenty of rumoured interest in MFs but it's hard to second guess our true intentions when we don't know how Nuno's gonna set up.

We DO know however that we need to upgrade at CB regardless.

A) being a 43 year old NFL QB is in no way comparable to being a 37 year old PL forward.
43 year olds aren't supposed to play any professional sports at a high level other than maybe golf. Are you suggesting that 43 year old QBs are expected to take a team to the Super Bowl?

Regarding Ronaldo - he just scored 5 goals in 4 apps in the Euros. He also just scored 36 goals for Juventus last season. Both more than Kane. If you think he's past it, I can guarantee you he'd walk in and be our best player.

Has the womens team got a specific thread if so can the mods move this to where the people interested can find it.

No offence but given the amount of off topic crap that will fill up the circa 2000 pages of this thread by the beginning of September, these 'no women allowed' objections are really very petty.....

43 year olds aren't supposed to play any professional sports at a high level other than maybe golf. Are you suggesting that 43 year old QBs are expected to take a team to the Super Bowl?

Regarding Ronaldo - he just scored 5 goals in 4 apps in the Euros. He also just scored 36 goals for Juventus last season. Both more than Kane. If you think he's past it, I can guarantee you he'd walk in and be our best player.
Tom Brady is in exceptional physical fitness and unyieldingly dedicated to his sport. To the point of true obsession. The man goes to bed at 9PM and wakes up at 6AM every single day, despite being fabulously wealthy and married to an actual supermodel. He micromanages his diet, exercise, and recovery at a level far beyond what almost anyone else does.

That said, he's a horrible athlete in the physical sense. He's not fast at all, nor agile. His only physical skill is throwing a ball - many baseball pitchers and cricket bowlers have played well into their 50s. Brady's position places very little in the way of additional physical demands on him than these two positions - he moves in the pocket at most several feet while 5 giant men protect him. His job is at least 85% mental.

Furthermore, the rules of the sport have been massively overhauled in the past 20 years to minimize the chances of Brady being pummeled by opposing defenders, should they actually reach him before he gets rid of the ball.

What Tom Brady does is in no way, not even minutely, comparable to the physical demands of playing in the PL - much less in an attacking position where you're required to run, at a full spring in intervals, several miles each match. The only comparison you could even try to advance, and it would be only slightly less absurd, would be of Pirlo at the very, very end. And anyone who thinks that version of Pirlo would have been a PL difference maker is, quite simply, fucking high.

I would take Ronaldo, of course I would. We can't afford him, and he wouldn't even consider us, so its a moot point. But even if we signed him, we wouldn't be title contenders. We'd be not much different than the Porto team that he's played in this summer. Not much different to Bale's last season here. A mediocre squad surrounding one other worldly gem.

It takes 11, you know?

Is there any reason that we aren't scooping up young talent from MLS the way some of the German clubs and Salzburg are? I understand there is a link between NYRB, Salzburg, and Leipzig but still.

Caden Clark is heading to Leipzig from NYRB after the MLS season.

Brendan Aaronson has gone to Salzburg from Philadelphia at 19 and stepped in to provide 5 goals & 5 assists in 20 matches. From everything I have heard from people who study and scout US soccer, his younger brother Paxten is better. Gianluca Busio, Julian Araujo, and Daryl Dike who scored 9 for Barnsley on loan from Orlando in 19 matches could all be worth looking at.

Surely there is some attraction to MLS clubs to sell their youngsters to Europe with an agreement for a loan back to them for a season, them we loan them out to a Championship side for a year?
Paxten?

Tell him we have an end named after him, it's karma...

Tom Brady is in exceptional physical fitness and unyieldingly dedicated to his sport. To the point of true obsession. The man goes to bed at 9PM and wakes up at 6AM every single day, despite being fabulously wealthy and married to an actual supermodel. He micromanages his diet, exercise, and recovery at a level far beyond what almost anyone else does.

That said, he's a horrible athlete in the physical sense. He's not fast at all, nor agile. His only physical skill is throwing a ball - many baseball pitchers and cricket bowlers have played well into their 50s. Brady's position places very little in the way of additional physical demands on him than these two positions - he moves in the pocket at most several feet while 5 giant men protect him. His job is at least 85% mental.

Furthermore, the rules of the sport have been massively overhauled in the past 20 years to minimize the chances of Brady being pummeled by opposing defenders, should they actually reach him before he gets rid of the ball.

What Tom Brady does is in no way, not even minutely, comparable to the physical demands of playing in the PL - much less in an attacking position where you're required to run, at a full spring in intervals, several miles each match. The only comparison you could even try to advance, and it would be only slightly less absurd, would be of Pirlo at the very, very end. And anyone who thinks that version of Pirlo would have been a PL difference maker is, quite simply, fucking high.
Brilliantly logically laid out.

Our centre backs are so shit that it's very easy to upgrade.

I find it laughable people are turning their noses up at the likes of Andersen and Vestegard when we are currently relying on Sanchez and Dier.

Our midfield will make many a centre back look shit

Not saying Dier & Sanchez arent useless because ofcourse they are

But we are going nowhere until we sort out the unbalanced mess that our midfield has become
Careful. You guys are treading mighty close to the "It's Jose's Anti-footballs fault, line."

People truly believed it was the team setup and Jose's inability to get the most out of "Gareth Bale, Dele Alli, Dier, Sanchez........... , that was our undoing.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, we don't have one defender that would walk into a Man City, Liverpool ...... He'll, even a Leicester or West Ham team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom