Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fair point with Aurier. I thought he's playing well enough to earn a one year contract extension; and with my plan in the summer of 2022 we would replace Aurier and Bale with a new RB & RW.

The reason I'd prefer 2 CBs, although it's very unlikely given Levy's history, is that none of our current CBs fill me with confidence.
Toby is our best CB but declining with age, and that trajectory could continue into 2022. Dier and Sanchez are both very error prone, and have terrible ball distribution. Rodon and Tanganga appear too inexperienced.

As for the net spend... Levy has to take some risks in this transfer window if he wants to see us take the next step. I'll keep my eye out for bargains to try and get that net spend £30M or below.

Its a toughie, but given covid cash will be tight.

I'd like to see 'quality' upgrades on players given we have a full squad, so would prefer to see 4 or more quality upgrades rather than 6 'ok' signings - reason being of course is to avoid wanting to replace some of these players the following summer, although sadly it will happen (eg possibly Doherty).

And to bring quality in I suspect 4 - 6 new players is the max - but Skipp, Sessegnon and any other youth are fantastic extra squad players to boost numbers.

It is a rumour that just won't fuck off. I do not doubt we are interested. The players we sign. The players we chase. The manager's taste in players. It is almost difficult to get angry anymore. What we feel is closer to apathy. A very low vibration. One of the worst.
Trust me on this the club are NOT interested at all in this particular player. Can't you see that it is precisely because the fury it invites that its not being genuinely generated. It is external manipulation click bait crap. I worry how susceptible folk are to this its the damaging story of the world over the last five years. Put it this way without breaking any confidences the club hierarchy are fully aware how the fan base feel and its shared by board members.

Trust me on this the club are NOT interested at all in this particular player. Can't you see that it is precisely because the fury it invites that its not being genuinely generated. It is external manipulation click bait crap. I worry how susceptible folk are to this its the damaging story of the world over the last five years. Put it this way without breaking any confidences the club hierarchy are fully aware how the fan base feel and its shared by board members.
Be still my soul, and listen to those Tibetan Singing Bowls.

But what's that, you say? If the interest in Rudiger is not real, then rest assured we will have our wonky eyes on equally uninspiring targets like your Zoumas and your Diops. A solution for every problem.

We could do this with a net spend of £40 million:

CB's don't play as intensely as most other positions, so we don't need 6, we'd hardly play them. enough.

Better to have either 4 or 5 CB's and have an extra AM/CM ideally one who can contribute goals - and ideally younger than the age of 4 you have ( Bale 31 and Kane/Son aged 28 and Belotti around 29) so we start to have the beginnings of a 'succession plan' and better rotation possibilities,

Isn't Torres super slow? That back 3 could have trouble with Toby being the "speedy" one of the bunch.

Vazquez is also pretty terrible is he not?

I like getting rid of a lot of guys but hopefully we can do better bringing guys in. Need players comfortable on the ball, even at CB ideally.

Isn't Torres super slow? That back 3 could have trouble with Toby being the "speedy" one of the bunch.

Vazquez is also pretty terrible is he not?

I like getting rid of a lot of guys but hopefully we can do better bringing guys in. Need players comfortable on the ball, even at CB ideally.
Yeah Vazquez at RWB was just an idea I was putting out there because someone suggested him on another thread.
In reality I'd prefer giving Aurier a 2 year contract extension till 2024 to Vazquez.

Also, what makes you think Torres is super slow? He is meant to be good on the ball from what I've read btw

CB's don't play as intensely as most other positions, so we don't need 6, we'd hardly play them. enough.

Better to have either 4 or 5 CB's and have an extra AM/CM ideally one who can contribute goals - and ideally younger than the age of 4 you have ( Bale 31 and Kane/Son aged 28 and Belotti around 29) so we start to have the beginnings of a 'succession plan' and better rotation possibilities,
Yeah I agree, I was just experimenting to see what a possible 5atb solution could look like.

Like the way that you have replaced both most of the 'weakest players' ( as fans perceive them) as well as those with only one year left on contract - so exits for Moura, Lamela, Vinicius (loan not renewed), Sissoko, Winks, Aurier and Lloris.

But as I say, moving on 3 forwards (Vinicius, Lamela and Moura) with one (Belotti) leaves us short.

Yeah Vazquez at RWB was just an idea I was putting out there because someone suggested him on another thread.
In reality I'd prefer giving Aurier a 2 year contract extension till 2024 to Vazquez.

Also, what makes you think Torres is super slow? He is meant to be good on the ball from what I've read btw

I thought I read somewhere that he is pretty slow or flat footed. Could be wrong I have not seen him play much. I like that he plays on the left but then remember reading a few concerning things about him that moved me away from him but can't remember where now.

I don't love the 3 at the back idea so would prefer just getting a real RB. I am not as down on Aarons as many so he makes way too much sense to me. Keep one of Aurier or Doherty depending on what we can get for each, or ditch both if we can get good deals for both, to be the back-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom