Summer 2021 - Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rodon is equal to or better than everyone's CB bench options apart from Man City imo

I think for Liverpool VVD, Gomez and Konate are all better them him, so having Konate as the option off the bench is a much better option.

Chelsea- Thiago, Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen all better so they as well would have better options on the bench.

Leicester, I would rather have Evans coming off the bench than Rodon, but I think if Rodon progresses that could change by mid or end season.

For United if they get Varane as reported, Lindelof/Baily would be a small upgrade over Rodon at best,

In all fairness, it does beg the question as to what Hithcen has been fucking around with this past couple of seasons.

I mean possibly five or six out in less than a month, perhaps Paratici has made them all an offer they cannot refuse?

images
Hitchen’s background is as a scout whereas Paratici has been in a director of football like position at one of the world’s biggest clubs for over a decade.

I think it just shows the disparity in contacts and experience between Paratici and Hitchen. I don’t want to pile on Hitchen supposedly he’s very well liked at the club but it’s a big step up from chief scout to technical director and I don’t think him and Levy were a capable enough duo to do the job, as we’re seeing with the speed Paratici is moving at.

Did you ever read about that scam where some guy gave some paints to a monkey and let it splash them all over a canvas, then he got a well known artist to stick his signature on it, hung it in a gallery and got some critics to comment on it and value it?

I think Nike gave the monkey a job...

Equal opportunity employment ftw!

I think for Liverpool VVD, Gomez and Konate are all better them him, so having Konate as the option off the bench is a much better option.
This is true, but VVD and Gomez have both just had very serious injuries. VVD is 30, and this is Gomez's second long term injury. It's very possible that upon return, one or both of them lose their athleticism. Konate also hasn't started much for Leipzig in the past 2 seasons after a serious injury in 2019 (14 league starts in 2 seasons).
However, I agree that if all 3 are back to their pre-injury level, Konate as the back up CB is better than Rodon.

Chelsea- Thiago, Rudiger, Zouma and Christensen all better so they as well would have better options on the bench.

Leicester, I would rather have Evans coming off the bench than Rodon, but I think if Rodon progresses that could change by mid or end season.

For United if they get Varane as reported, Lindelof/Baily would be a small upgrade over Rodon at best,

Chelsea play 3 at the back, so their back up option is the 4th choice. Zouma is really inconsistent. Also Silva is very old and was injured for a lot of last season.
Evans, Lindelof, Rodon are all similar level. Bailly is never fit.

Last year, friends of mine who watched the Championship used to rave about both Ben White and Rodon as the two stand out CBs.

Is there an argument to be made that Rodon may actually be better?
For example, I don't think this would happen to Rodon

I don't want Rodon learning how to be an EPL CB at THFC.
Brighton will offer us a profit. If not a sale let's loan him.
Loan also for Tanganga who IMO has more upside in him.

Last edited:
I don't want Rodon learning how to be an EPL CB at THFC.
Brighton will offer us a profit. If not a sale let's loan him.
Same for Tanganga who IMO has more upside in him.
You do realise that the likes of Kounde and Romero will also need time to learn how to defend in the EPL. It's a different beast compared to LaLiga and Serie A

You do realise that the likes of Kounde and Romero will also need time to learn how to defend in the EPL. It's a different beast compared to LaLiga and Serie A
I hope we don't sign more than one CB from abroad.
Would rather Vest to Kounde. Don't want any more arrogant Frenchmen/ French speakers who think they are too good for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom